Chapter 1: Meeting the descendants

It was the first day of school at Michigan high school. I was alone and everywhere I went everything went haywire. The water dispenser, the clock, the school bell and even the toilets. Oh hi you reading this you might be wondering who's telling the story well it's me Lucretia. This was my everyday life until I turned sixteen. When I went home my parents gave me the usual celebration for a birthday and when I went into my room on my desk I found a locket in the shape of a moon. Beside it had a note saying to "my beloved daughter Lucretia". I thought at first yay finally you people give me a girly thing instead of a sweater or something that's meant to be for a guy. I walked out of my room and hugged mum and dad and said my thanks. They said they didn't give it to me.

During the next day I was walking to block L the locker building which the senior's call 'nerdville'. Yep I was bullied but on my locker I found the exact same shape as my necklace. My necklace was some sort of key this couldn't be a coincidence. I put my necklace there and my locker opened but inside there was light shining through, yep pretty weird I followed the light out of curiosity and it led into a room. The room was full of golden statues and I realised the statues were the Greek gods. There I met five people like they were waiting for me. This was our weird conversation.

The tall blond one said "Hello Lucretia we have waited a long time for you."

"Hi and how do you know my name are you guys like stalkers or something?" I responded

"Hahaha she thinks we're stalkers oh my gods let me introduce ourselves. I'm Taylor daughter of Poseidon, Princess of the sea and leader of the descendants. The girl standing next to me is Kassi, daughter of Apollo. Next is Kayla, Daughter of Hephaestus. After that is Jessica daughter of Hestia. Next is Georgia, daughter of Aphrodite and welcome to the descendants" she said.

"Ahem I would like a proper introduction", said Georgia.

"You can leave her she's always like that", Taylor said.

I thought to myself great I'm in a room full of hooligans who think they're the daughters of the Greek gods. Maybe the seniors are playing a trick on me definitely.

"Wait a minute I can't be a daughter of a god or whatever but I am a regular girl", that was what I said honest opinion.

Taylor replied by saying, "has anything strange happened to you lately like you know toilets flooding weird necklace on your table, just to name a few?"

"Um yeah stalker", I said

"Well we certainly don't have the wrong person, Georgia why don't you give Lucretia a tour of the academy", said Taylor

So that was our conversation. Very peculiar they knew all my personal details. Well I followed Georgia because I wanted to get out of class. She showed me the entrances first she said that before Michigan high school was built there was a Greek temple here because Americans were multicultural. The academy came to be because of the gods having kids wow. Well she showed me the toilets, change rooms, dormitory and the library which was most magnificent. Well when we went to the kitchen I asked her why she was here. She said, "I was alone and everywhere I went I wasn't accepted for who I was. When I turned twelve I received a locket on my window sill in the shape of a small mirror. It said to my Beautiful daughter Georgia and on the very day I got my locker and the necklace fitted perfectly. I was recruited last month and I didn't believe them at first but my special power began to show my power of hypnosis. I couldn't control it and the school wanted to send me to a mental hospital. Your necklace is probably a moon it's true your one of us you have to stay here on our last recruitment the child died before arrival."

That was her story. She was exactly like me. I left the place and before I left Taylor said that I could come back anytime I wanted. I felt like I belonged.