Chapter 4: I help recruit the daughter of Hera.

Taylor told us all the details. We ran to our rooms and packed I packed as well even though it was my second day. I was so excited a new member another sister to me. Taylor opened my bedroom door and said I’m not going. I was devastated, Kassi left and gave me a phone and said, “I’ll call you if we need help and most importantly these recruitments usually take a while so Lucretia I might not call in weeks possibly months. Anyhow I got to go now cousin bye.”

Kassi left and the door was wide open. Time flew by and we were already in March near the end of term 1. Kassi and the others were gone for a month already.  I came back from school did the normal routine until I was in the library reading about mythological creatures. I heard Hermes talking to the mentors and overheard that the ones that were gone might not return. I was scared I wasn’t going to lose another sibling. I ran to my room and used to phone to try and contact Kassi and finally she picked up all I could hear was screaming in the background and Kassi said in a voice like she was really weak, “Help me Lu…..” The phone line got cut I ran to Hermes and begged him to let go rescue my cousin and friends. Hermes told me they would be fine probably the enemy is playing a trick on us.

I ran to my room and packed my bag to prepare for rescue I had to get out of here to save them but I had no money to catch a train or bus to New York. I took of my spell book charm and said unlock. It regained to full size and I turned from page to page until I found a teleportation spell the spell was in rhyme:

Teleport me to my deepest thoughts

To recognise what I have brought

I offer this spell to take me to New York!

I teleported out of Michigan and into New York. I was at the Statue of Liberty where I found Kassi’s necklace I took it and began my search. I couldn’t find any traces of my friends. Before hope left me I heard a noise in the sewers. I saw my friends and cousin in chains and behind them were furies. Furies can take the form of any living thing, the weird thing was that they had no business here on Earth. Zeus had sentenced them to watch over Tartarus and spend eternity there. What were they doing in New York capturing my friends? I had to investigate so I took off the sewer lid and jumped down into the darkness.

I used a spell to make light. It smelt so bad that I was going to puke and blow my cover. I walked down the path the furies took and hours later I reached a dead end. I turned back the way I came and the wall behind me opened. I was looking into a room full of furies at least 10 of them I couldn’t see my friends anywhere. The fury that had taken the shape of a woman around the age of 30 told to back down or else my friends would suffer. I replied with, “well where are they then you … scratch that you’re going to suffer not me.” “Oh really well we’ll see about that sisters attack that girl”, replied the fury. They charged at me two of them that’s when I took my bow and arrows to shoot it was fun yet dangerous. I saw my friends hanging over a fire tied up Kassi was knocked out, they all looked weak and tired.

I continued to fire my arrows until I ran out. I had no choice but to run and that’s when a voice spoke to me in my head open your book and use a spell that’s right I ran while holding a giant book of spells. You guys might think that it was quite stupid but in that time while running I found a spell that could freeze furies and that’s when I read the incantation aloud:

All around is vengeance

But the one thing that they fear is

Remembrance

The furies froze around me and turned to stone awesome. I ran back to the room where my friends and cousins were. I unchained them and they fell straight to the ground weak. Taylor got up and drew her weapon ad was like let me at them let me at them. I said, “they’re frozen rock solid no need for your assistance anymore.” She looked furious well I saw one other girl standing amongst them a tall girl in sports clothing. She spoke to me but not using her voice using her brain she was telepathic. She said hello to me. I obviously said hello back to her using my voice because I wasn’t telepathic. We all held hands and I teleported us back to school.

When we arrived back to school Hermes awaited us and his face was serious. He spoke in a voice like thunder, “Miss Lucretia YOU HAVE DISOBEYED yet another rule in the academy. I have to punish you but your mother the Lady Artemis has told me to not harm you in any way so I punish you to clean the gymnasium during these school holidays no help will be allowed. As for the rest of you go to the nurse’s office and get those wounds bandaged. You the tall one you must be very confused but I know who you are. You are Georgette, daughter of Hera and your special ability telepathy. Here at the academy you will be share a room with Jessica as you know the daughter of Hestia.”

He walked away and my friends wanted to argue and protest but enough was enough. They all left but one Kassi. She said, “What you did was heroic cousin you saved my life and everyone’s as well you should be proud let’s go to the kitchen and find some food I’m starving.” We walked together and ate together, until I had to for fill my punishment of cleaning the gymnasium I obviously cheated by using my magic and it was spotless in two minutes tops. I went straight to the shower where I had my pamper evening I came out of the bathroom relaxed and then I got dressed continued to do some assignments given to us by the high school. Once I was done I went to the hallway and saw everyone crowding around Jessica’s room and everyone was lining up.

I walked straight into the room and saw Georgette reading people’s mind and then that’s when Taylor came running down from the top of the hallway and yelled, “GO back to your rooms NOW.”

 “I COULDN’T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOU.” yelled Shannon

“AHEM I’M THE LEADER YOU LISTEN TO ME.” Said Taylor.

“You wanna go…” Said Shannon and they just started fighting and everyone helped to pull them apart.  At the end everyone was in their rooms as if they were having secret meetings forming alliances against each other. I just helped Georgette set up her room and gave her a tour of the academy and allowed her to meet her mentor Gaia. We had dinner together and went to train together at the fields in the mortal world I asked her, “How did you exactly go to the sewers?”

She replied with, “I was a normal teenage girl until I started hearing everyone’s thoughts in my head and I was on an excursion with my friends until I saw the creatures that captured us in the sewers talking and discussing about some prophecy because I’m more adventurous and sporty I went down into the sewers to investigate. I overheard capture and kidnap and then read their minds they said that a prophecy can’t be for filled or else how is the lord going to take over Olympus. I ran until I found your people looking for me and we were knocked out by sleeping gas and we woke up in chains.”

I felt like we were going to be BFF’s she knew my secrets and was very friendly to everyone. She said that she was happy all the time and never sad or gloomy so she was practically everyone’s friends.