Chapter 7: Lost in a maze

"Face it we're lost Lucretia." Melanie said

"I will never give up hope", I replied to Melanie encouraging.

We walked for days almost without rest. I stole a look on everyone's faces. They were lost of hope and tired. I suggested we rest for a while. Everyone sat down and Racoya set up camp. We ate and then when Racoya went to put everything away she said, "We're low on food supply it will last us all estimated 2 days."

"You're kidding right thanks Miss Lucretia it was your idea to enter the maze." Yelled Taylor .

I ignored Taylor and went over to the fire to warm up. Melanie sat next to me frightened and I asked her why was she so scared of entering the maze? All she could muster was that, "Daedalus is a brother of mine, in the mythos he was given different parents. My mother Athena gave birth to Daedalus through thought and because it was done secretly he was given different parents. He designed the maze to capture, torture and manipulate people. We have to get out of here we've been here for a week in the time here but to the land above it's a month. After today tomorrow there will be traps for us. Each and everyone of us will die a slow painful death."

I tried to comfort Melanie during the time. I was awake on watch duty when all of a sudden I heard voices, screaming and footsteps. I went over to wake everyone else up. Georgette was jumped, armed with her numb chucks on the spot. We were all armed and ready for whatever was coming our way. Jessica looked ahead using her powers and she said to lower our weapons as it was the swag group and the boys. Shannon, Bianca, Seraya and the four other guys whom I didn't know were running for their lives when they saw us. Shannon ran right past me and screamed, "BOULDERRRRRRRR!"

We forgot about our camped items and ran. Kassi picked me up and floated with me in the air. This helped me save my energy but it couldn't bring us to safety. We were ahead of the group when I told Kassi to drop me and pick up Jessica instead, so she could use her powers to look ahead for the safest path. I fell to the ground as Kassi picked up Jessica. I was in the middle as we were running Racoya was at the back with Taylor and Kayla. I tried to use my magic but I couldn't teleport us anywhere my powers didn't work. I was on my own.

We continued to run and some of us were so tired everyone was almost so close to the boulder they could touch it. I continued to run and the boulder seemed to be following us every corner we turned it turned as well. Jessica was exhausted from all the running. Everyone was at their extent of running. Until we reached a dead end. I stopped and saw the others running towards me I thought this couldn't be the end. Kassi, Jessica, Shannon, Bianca, Seraya, Georgette, Georgia, Kayla, Taylor, the boys and I were safe. Racoya and Melanie were running everyone was encouraging them to hurry but in my very eyes I saw a wall coming from inside a wall trying to cut us off. Kassi and everyone tried to hold me back but I shook their hands off and ran towards Racoya and Melanie. I felt like I was running so slow I wouldn't make it. The world around me was in slow motion for a moment when the wall slam shut against another. Cutting us off from Racoya and Melanie.

I was banging on the wall with my fists and I kept screaming their names at the top of my lungs, "MELANIE RACOYA MELANIE RACOYA." My voice eventually started to fade I continued to bang the wall until all my energy was lost. Everyone was catching their breath. I slowly slid against a wall to sit on the floor looking to the floor when I heard footsteps of someone walking towards me . I glanced upwards and stood up. A handsome teenager who was running with Shannon during the siege, a year or two older than me was walking toward me. His broad shoulders was covered by a black jacket which hung closely around his muscular build. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into his arms. His blue eyes sparkled in the light of the torches. My face fell into his muscular chest crying. For what was meant to be a kiss turned to be a hug until his lips parted slighted until he said to me in a calming voice, "We need to get your wounds bandaged your fists are bleeding. Don't cry they will be fine Daedalus doesn't kill the people he ambushes then he sets them free."

I was stunned a guy like him shouldn't be interested in me but I cried. As he pushed my head towards his chest I knew this was the wrong thing but I was lost in the comfort of his presence. Everyone was upset and depressed we just lost Racoya the one who was friendly to all and friend to all and Melanie who was smart and intelligent. Was this the prophecy fulfilled the last line of the dreaded?

I was the one who cried the most. Everyone else tried not to cry to hold their integrity. The guy whom I just met volunteered to take watch whilst everyone was asleep. He placed my head on his lap and stroked my hair. I fell asleep on his lap and awoke with his light blue eyes staring at me. I woke up and spoke in a startled voice, "I.... uh thank you for comforting me." He just looked at me before saying, "I'm Logan Son of Poseidon, Taylor's my sister." I got up and went over to the tent where we could change and got changed into some new clothing. I ate some food as we now had some, thanks to Shannon and her group. Kassi came and looked at me, I just smiled and nodded back but I think she knew how sad deep down inside I was. She placed her hand on my shoulder and said in a soft tone , "it's going to be fine. They'll be safe and last night we decided that we were going to spilt up into groups. Shannon with her group will take those who no longer want to continue the quest back to the academy. As for me I will continue this quest with or without you. and We reached a wall with Daedalus' symbol and we all broke into our groups. Logan came walking towards my group and then his friends pulled him towards Shannon's side and mumbled something to him. They touched the symbol and walked through for once in a long time Kassi and I saw light. The door closed and Logan dropped a note onto the ground. The symbol disappeared with a flash of final light until once again the darkness took us.