The Final Battle

Well, here we are. It's been an amazing run creating this story for anyone out there who looks forward to reading it, and I hope that I fulfilled your reasons for reading, like I fulfilled my reasons for writing it for you. Luna, it's been one hell of a run, and I want to thank you for helping me take this story to the finish line; thank you so much for your support and encouragement, even for writings that aren't even in this story. And to everyone, thanks for tuning in, and I hope you enjoy.

So without further ado, I give you the final chapter.

{it's very long I'm sorry}

——————————

"Here they come!" Azari shouted. Iron Black Widow and Iron Panther came charging at us first through the desert dust clouding around them.

"Get behind me!" James ordered. We did as told and he supersized his shield, protecting us from Iron Widow's bullets that came speeding towards us at an alarming rate.

"Get down!" James shouted. We gathered closer together behind the holographic shield in an attempt to maximize cover. While we were busy, Iron Panther jumped over the shield and tackled Azari. Torunn flew up to Iron Thor, who was flying above. Hawkeye left to go fight the iron version of his father while I continued to take cover.

Everyone fought their robotic parental counterparts, while I stepped out from the protection of James' shield and began to help by fighting off Iron Black Widow. It was difficult to dodge bullets coming from multiple guns from Medusa arms over here. Does she ever run out of bullets? I had managed to kick the animatronic in the head, stunning it for a few seconds, and I could see Iron Giant Man turn toward Tony standing on the edge of the cliff. He hit the rock cliff underneath him, making all the surrounding rock crumble, and Tony came tumbling down the side of the cliff.

"Tony!" I screamed. James became aware and quickly took action. The next time Iron Captain America took a swing at him with his shield, timing it just right, James jumped onto it and was thrown to where Tony was. He activated his shield, sliding on it down the side of the cliff and caught Tony, sliding the rest of the way to the ground.

Suddenly, more bullets came whizzing past me, bringing me back to the task at hand. Iron Black Widow had all arms out, armed, shooting at me constantly, causing me to focus my energy and powers into a shield of my own. While I was distracted, Black Widow grew closer, the force of the bullets increasing and throwing me off balance. The shift in equilibrium was enough for my powers to falter, in which the robot resorted to a sort of after shock like energy, and tossed me off guard. I didn't trust I could use my powers against the robot too soon, since it would probably just predict that, so I tried doing a punch, but it barely left a scratch. Eventually I activated my titanium gloves, new and improved courtesy of Tony just moments before battle. Easy to move around in, but also packed a killer punch. So I switched to hand to hand combat. I did a right, left, hook, uppercut punch, and I managed to beat it up a bit. I fought hand to hand combat some more, but then it managed to stop me mid punch, throwing me into the air and back. I braced myself, and felt a hard impact on my side, rolling a bit before i reached flat ground. I must've hit the side of the cliff. The impact left a few rips in my clothes, exposing the areas where the abrasive surface nicked the skin, with some matching scratches on my face, and a busted lip- not bruised, just cut. I barely had any time to recover before Black Widow had one hand around my neck, pressing me into the edge of the cliff and cutting off my air. I tried desperately to call out for help, but any sound was drowned out by the sounds of battle.

Out of the corner of my eyesight, which was beginning to fade to black, I could see James fighting off Iron Captain America, and turning around to see me dying. His eyes widened in frantic panic, and his lips moved to the sound of my name, but I couldn't hear him. There was no way he could help me in time. But I wasn't going to give up like this.