Prologue

"I was eight years old when it all started, Calum. You couldn't have known. Even if you did, you shouldn't have. Because we were too young, AND YOU COULD NOT HAVE HELPED ME! YOU COULD NOT HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO STOP HIM." I looked down at the ground, tears falling as I said this to Calum, as soon as my voice rose, I regretted yelling. The sky started to turn gray, and rain started to fall, slowly as I waited for a response. Seconds seemed to turn into minutes as I waited for him to say something. "WELL!? SAY SOMETHING CALUM. PLEASE! SAY SOMETH-" Calum cut off my yelling by pressing his lips hard, against mine.

He pressed his hands to the sides of my face and held my face in his hands as he kissed me. I stood there, in the rain, in the middle of the park, as Calum kissed me. The rain began falling harder, but he held my face and continued to kiss me. I tried to raise my hands in protest, but he grabbed them and held them, then placed them to his heart. He pulled away, and then looked me in the eyes.

"Do you feel this? This heart beat, is because of you. I have loved you from the very moment we became friends. When we were younger, I told myself that I would have you one day, and bloody hell, now that I've got you, I'm not going to let you go, because god damnit I love you Elizabeth!" I stood there, tears still falling from my eyes. "I will never hurt you, or leave you. I will always be by your side wether you like it or not." I looked into his brown eyes, and kissed him. "I love you too, Calum. I love you. I love you. I love you."

I knew that with Calum, everything was different, he wouldn't hurt me, hit me, call me terrible things. He really loves me, and cherishes me. This boy had always been my best friend, and now, he loves me and wants to protect me.