Two

Two days later

Alexandra was glad to be leaving the dreaded building. Strangely, the whirring noise in her head didn't stop. She didn't bother to tell the doctors, as she was already nicknamed 'a strange patient' by the staff.

As she was exiting the foyer, she heard a nurse whispering her name. Just when I thought I escaped the rumours... She thought.

"We examined the deep cut in her head while she was unconscious. There was no blood! Instead, we saw..." The medic looked anxious, her chestnut hair messy and knotted, sky-blue eyes wide. The rest of the group pushed her to continue. Alexandra side-stepped to the group, unnoticed.

"Wires. Her head was full of wires!" Alexandra was glued to the spot, terrified. Her legs were shaking, her breathing shortened, but she listened intently. "An expert extracted the main 'control disk', and discovered a file. Opening it, there was a document written by a British scientist named Elliot. He said her name was Hope or H.O.P.E."

The nurse explained that, according to Elliot, by the time Alexandra's file was discovered, she would break down in a month. She would deteriorate, cease to exist - die. It was a literal deadline. Tears trickled down Alexandra's cheek, she wanted to sob, to hold herself and cry to sleep, but she was determined to maintain the remaining strength inside her, which was crumbling into fractions.

Alexandra's name, H.O.P.E, stood for something; names. The nurse had no idea what those names were, but Dr. Elliot confirmed that these four people would save her life. She would meet the people accidentally. She was a strange thing. She had emotions, feelings, thoughts, and opinions like no other. This explained why the government commanded her to be covered up and her files deleted. They were worried about what this unexpected miracle could do.

"They tried to find a loving family, but the Gomez family was the only one that wanted to take her in. I hope they treated her well - they're the richest family in the state!" A loud sob flew out of Alexandra's mouth. She stiffened, her hands racing to her lips.

The nurse paused and gasped softly. She opened her mouth, but Alexandra ran out, her eyes blinded by salty tears.