Chapter Five

As Gabriella slept peacefully, António left her alone to join the celebration once more. And he left, unaware of another's presence in the room. The presence stepped out of the shadows and crept closer to the sleeping princess. It took glance around the room before proceeding to reach for her dress. In the pocket it pulled out a necklace. An Amethyst stone. With a wicked smile he stuffed it into his pocket and left without another word. Left without anyone noticing, it was as if no one had been in the room with her at all.

António was jolted awake roughly as Gabriella looked to him in panic. He sat up from his place on the ground and looked to the distraught woman with concern. "What is it?" He asked. She glared at him.

"Where is it?" She asked coldly. With furrowed eyebrows he responded.

"What?" 

"My stone!" She raised her voice slightly.

"What stone?" He asked.

"My stone! You were the last person I was with last night, and I certainly do not remember coming in here. You must have it!"

"Gabriella, I can assure you I have no knowledge of this stone." Gabriella watched him for a moment thinking to herself.

"You have no idea what I am speaking of, do you?" She asked. He shook his head quickly. She looked around the room deep in thought. "Where is your brother's room?" She asked. 

"I'll take you. Just give me a moment."

"I don't have a moment! If I need to, I will go find them myself!" With a huff she stood to her feet and walked to the door. António stood quickly and called after her as she walked out the door.

"Gabriella." He grabbed her arm and turned her towards him.

"Let me be!" She hissed.

"You're going the wrong way." He stated. "My brother's rooms are that way." She looked at him and sighed before marching the other way. António hot on her trail. "That's Carlito's room." he stated. She opened it quickly and to her surprise, both Leonardo and Carlito were awake discussing business.

"You!" She pointed at Carlito. He looked at her with annoyed eyes.

"What now?" He asked.

"You stole my stone! Give it back!"

"Stone?" He asked.

"Yes, give it back, now!" 

"Someone's feeling very quarrelsome this morning." Leonardo chuckled jokingly. António shook his head at his brother. 

"Or did you take it?" She accused the other brother. He looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and shook his head hands up in surrender. 

"Take what exactly?" Carlito asked once more.

"My stone!"

"What stone?" António asked her. Gabriella glared at the three brothers.

"The pendent I wore around my neck! It keeps my magic at bay! Now whichever one of you took it, I need it!" She snarled her teeth gritted in warning. Her eyes glowing a terrifying gold.