part 1- The meeting

My phone rings as I lay in bed reading one of my Nora Roberts key trilogy books. I hesitated at first as I didn't recognise the number that flashed  across my phone screen. "hello" I answered with a polite enough voice as I had no idea who it was on the other line. "Hi" a male with a sexy American accent said. "did u send me a text today. With a quizzical look on  my face and I'm sure he heard it when I replied " no". He asked me if my phone stored sent messages and I told him yes. He said ," check your phone log and ill call u back in ten and hung up after I'd agree to check. Reluctantly I place my book with the page open flat on my bed and decided to check.
    I opened my phone and went straight to my text out box and noticed that the number I didn't know was the number that I had inadvertantly sent a text to earlier in the day that read - " HI BABY ". Shock stripped my face as all I could think about was how I was arguing that my husband hadn't answer my txt and that we were gonna have it out when he got home. when it was really my fault.  I had send the text to the wrong phone. "omg, how am I gonna deal with this person who is to call me back in ten.
The phone rang again, I picked up and before he could say anything , I said " my apologies the number at the end should be nine not six". Much to my surprise he sounded wounded and started saying something about him being salt and amidst his reverie I started laughing. Something I hadn't done in a long time. Eventually he noticed my uncontrollable laughter and stopped talking. He then said, "it looks like I made ur night ". "You sure did I replied". As my laughter came to a halt. " thank you ,"I haven't laughed like that in a long time". We talked a little and he asked if he could keep my number and I thought to myself that another friend wouldn't hurt. So I added him to my friend list as kev.