Logan x Reader: Chapter 6

This will be a really short chapter. I'm sorry, but I'll make it long in the next one. Also, please play the video while reading this even though it would be kinda short and won't be able to finish the song. 

Credits to: Smyang Piano

~~~~~~~Logan's Perspective~~~~~~~

I walked up to the edge of the lake and took a deep breath. I sighed as I buried my hands into my pockets. I exhaled the warm air coming from my mouth. Slowly, but gently, I closed my eyes and let my ears and tail pop out. I touched my ears and recall on what happened this afternoon. I was slightly tearing up, but quickly wiped my tears away. Suddenly, I sense a movement only a couple of feet away. I didn't turn my body to the sounds of the steps. I took a quick sniff. The scent was so familiar. It smells like (Y/N). I realized that it was (Y/N). Her sweet scent was enough to make my heart beat faster than the speed of light. My mind was filled with the thoughts of (Y/N) until a scent of blood overcome the sweet smell and made me snapped out of my thoughts. The scent was coming from the other side of the lake. My legs started to move on its own and as soon as I ran to the other side, I stripped off all of my clothes and shift into a werewolf. My ears twitched from the scent of the blood. My nose and my eyebrows all scrunched up as I got closer to the source of the scent. 

"Shit! Shit! Shit! He's coughing up blood!"

I got to the other side and see my friend, MG. MG was one of my closest friends. He saved me when I was being bullied back in elementary school. I bumped into him while walking back home from school in middle school. Ever since then we became friends and when I have something to talk about, he is always the first person I share my thoughts with. He accepted me for who I am despite me being a wolf.

(Author's Note: Refer the mysterious person back to Logan's flashback on Chapter 5 Part 2)

Back to the present, I see MG coughing up blood. He was kneeling down with a mouth in his hand. I quickly ran up to him and became really worried for him. I transformed back into a human, but my wolf ears and tail are still out. I knelt beside him and I gently rubbed his back while he's coughing.

"MG! Are you okay?!" 

MG continues to cough up blood for at least 10 seconds. Eventually, he stopped coughing up. He took a handkerchief out of his pocket and wipes off the blood from his hand and mouth. With my assistance, MG slowly stands up. He looks up at me and smiles. 

"Hello Logan. I'm sorry you had to see that."

"You should've just rest at home. I should've just meet up with you at your house."

"No, it's fine. It's been so long since I've been to this park at night. The air is really fresh in here."

I stare at him. There was a long silence. While I was staring at him, he looked up at the sky and smiled.

"Ahhh... The stars are beautiful in here. I can barely see it when I'm at home. It's rare to see this many stars in the city. I wish I could stay in here forever."

There was an ache in my heart when he said the last sentence and I started tearing up. I felt the tears dripping down my cheeks. I blinked, realizing that I was tearing up. I touched my cheeks and felt the wet and warm tears on the tips of my fingers. I quickly wiped my tears away so that MG won't notice, but it was useless. I started to cry even more and started to sniff. The sniffing caught MG's attention. He tear his gaze away from the stars and looks at me. He chuckles and moves closer to me. He took out what seem like a long winter jacket and pants from his bag. MG also handed me a freshly-washed handkerchief. He puts his hands on both cheeks. He wipes all the tears away and smiles. 

"Are you thinking about me dying? Don't think about that, stupid. We're focusing on making happy memories together in the present."

MG puts his forehead on mine and releases his hands from my cheeks. He gives me a hug and I hugged him back. Slowly, but surely I started to became calm in his arms. He gives me a pat on the head and I smiled. 

~~~~~~~(Y/N)'s Point of View~~~~~~~

I looked back at my phone to check the time. It was 9 pm already. I have to go back home. I don't want to worry my parents. This whole time, I followed Logan quietly and secretly listened to Logan and his friend's conversation. I tiptoed my way out of the park and breathed heavily when I got out. I went to the convenience store to buy the chips and milk my parents requested. While walking back home, I had so many questions for Logan, but I'm 100% sure that at this time is not the perfect time to ask him.