10

Before reading this chapter, please reread the prologue.

"How many people did you even invite," Jeongguk groans into his hands, rubbing his face with the heel of his palm. The place was littered with people and people whose faces he can't even see due to the masquerade mask they had on.

"Dunno."

"Are you kidding me Jimin," Jeongguk said, looking around the huge room and just by the look of it, there seem to be over 100 people, "Haven't I told you last year to not invite this many people again?!"

Being the little shit he is, Jimin shrugs and taps on a random waitress, grabbing two glasses of wine and gives on to Jeongguk, "don't be a party pooper," he frowns, "I've ordered the biggest cake for you too," he points at the tall white layered cake; a little too tall and big.

Jeongguk accepts the glass from Jimin and took a small sip from it, "not bad."

"See! I told you!!"

"Yes, yes."

**
Taehyung was invited.

He went.

But not as his altered self.

Taehyung has a black suit on with wine colored necktie to coordinate with his outfit. His hair fashionable styled back with thick gel. And to top it all of, he had a full face joker mask on.

He couldn't shake off the excitement inside of him, and maybe that's why he couldn't stop smiling behind his mask.

The hall was packed with people but it took only one turn of his head to locate where Jeongguk is. People were flocking around him, wishing him a happy birthday and asking him to collaborate with their company.

"Kim what the fuck," a voice suddenly said and Taehyung snaps his focus away from Jeongguk and turns around.

"Oh hey. How you know it's me?"

Yoongi inspects Taehyung from the bottom to the top then back bottom, "I'm not sure if you realized but the aura you're radiating off right now...is kind of," he bites his lips, not wanting to offend the brunette, "scary and I can feel it from miles away."

Yoongi was also wearing a mask, but he's wearing one that covers only the upper half of his face, just like what most people in the hall is wearing. Taehyung is the probably the only one wearing a full face mask.

"Oh," Taehyung said but did nothing to hide his murderous aura, " can't help it. I've been waiting for this day for years."

Jeongguk and Yoongi are close friends who often do business together. But no matter how close they are, Yoongi would never interfere with Taehyung's little game.

"Be nice to him, please." That was all he can say, all he is allowed to say.

Taehyung laughs a deep chuckle, most of the sound was muffled by the mask, "don't worry. I'll treat him well," he walks closer to Yoongi and pats him on the shoulder. Taehyung leans into Yoongi's ears and whispers, "I'll rip him inside out, piece by piece and skin his pretty face off to add it to my collection."

Shivers ran down Yoongi's skin as he hears those words.

"I'm just kidding," Taehyung laughs, removing his hand from Yoongi's shoulder. He could literally feel the smirk on Taehyung's face right now despite the mask Taehyung had on.

"Cough cough, ahem. Testing testing."

The two of them turns their head to find the owner of the voice and sees Jimin on the top balcony with a mic in his hand.