author's pre-note

hi! this is, at its core, a jd x reader fanfiction. there's a lack of some good long ones around the internet. however, it acts as a follow up to the original movie and will therefore heavily include veronica, heather duke & mcnamara as well as other characters. so if you are here purely for fluff, i don't recommend it.

potential warnings: suicide, murder, violence, sexual situations, strong/mild language

things i'm not sure if they count as warnings: (just to be safe.) underage drinking, small age difference, and teen pregnancy (will be somewhere towards the end)

warnings will be tagged at the beginning of each chapter. please read them before you read the chapter incase of a potential trigger.

another side note is that this is heavily based off of the movie and will follow that plot line. if you have only listened to the musical, you'll understand most of it, but i make a lot of references to the original movie so i recommend watching it on netflix if you can. (plus, winona ryder is a total babe as veronica. she's iconic and i love her lots.)

i love symbolism and foreshadowing, so watch out for that. if you comment about the meaning of something and you're correct, i'll probably tell you that you are.

i hope you'll enjoy this story!