24 Hours

Chapter 5

Joo Hyun's POV

My eyes fluttered open, giving me a sight of a white ceiling. Gosh! What may have happened? I groan loudly due to the cramp I am feeling at the bottom of my right leg. I must have been asleep for so.long.

Panic starts to overwhelmed me as I tried to move my cramped leg. Without any notice, I accidentally pressed a button to call for a nurse.

"Baby? Oh my god! Nurse! My daughter has awake! Baby, hold on, don't close your eyes." Mom panicked with her arms flailing around. I mentally face-palmed. She should stop.

"Mom?" I was being ignored.

"No, we're gonna get the doctor. Stay put, baby." She continued with more action. "Gosh, mom, you can stop. I'm perfectly fine. Plus, there's a button thay functioned well to call a nurse." I muttered under my breath. "Then why didn't you say so?" Sighing, she calmed down and pressed the green round button twice, calling the nurse.

"Because you were panicking over a tiny thing." I stated.

After the doctor, Dr. Shin, came in he finally examined me by my heart rate monitor that I'm connected to by some weird rubber tube with red thick liquid.

"Mind if I talk to your daughter privately?" Dr. Shin looked into my mom's eyes, looking for any sign of approval. "Yeah, sure. I'll be waiting outside." A feeling of uneasiness clenched my heart, making me feeling nervous.

"Ok, let's get started. So, are you sexually active within this month?" Dr. Shin questioned while he eyed his black clipboard.

A sudden flashback came into my brain during the last day of my working day at the bar. Gulping down saliva down my throat, feeling a lump at the back of my throat. It's better to tell the truth abd ask as to why I am admitted in this 'house of medication'.

"Yes, yes I am sexually active." And the question goes on.

"When had you last being active?"

"About one week and a half of a day now?" I replied more like a question. Dr. Shin then started to write down prescription on his clipboard.

"Can I know what is happening right now? You are making me feel uneasy at this moment. I'm sorry to.offend you."

"None offence is taken. As being examined while you were blacked-out, we've actually found out that you are almost two weeks pregnant." Shocked was washed over me, as if something had died within me. Apart of it is true.

One thing that died, my virginity was long gone.