Imagine #18

It's moments like these that you cherish. The crackle of the fire. The man you love. You rarely get days like these. With the baby on the way and Hannibal having work and hobbies to attend to. So on this rare day you and Hannibal lounge on the couch enjoying the peace and quiet.

You had a pair of black leggings on and Hannibal's softest sweater. Hannibal was facing the fire a cup of wine in one hand. You were leaning against his side, legs up on the couch to sooth your swollen ankles. A large, warm hand ran over the swell of your stomach and you hummed.

"What would you like to name him or her?" You murmured, snuggling closer.

Your eyes remained closed, but you could feel Hannibal's soft gaze.

"For a boy, I like the name (b/n)." He presses a kiss to the top of your head.

"For a girl, (G/n)."

You press as close as possible and kiss his neck. "Beautiful names."

He nuzzles into the top of your head and grins. A soft, easy grin that you have the privilege of seeing everyday.

"It is only fitting that our children's name matches the beauty of their mother." He murmurs.

You smack his chest as tears welled up in your eyes. "You're making me cry." You grumble. He just chuckles, pressing another kiss to your head.

You continue to wipe at your eyes until a sharp pain emitted from your abdomen. You gasp and sit up. The baby was a kicker.

"What's wrong, love?" Hannibal had a look of worry on his face.

You don't say a word and grab his hand and press it to your swollen belly. You wait a couple of seconds when your child kicks right at Hannibal's hand. You beam and look up at him. He looked at your belly in absolute wonder. Tears welled up in his eyes and he pulled you into a searing kiss.

"Thank you, for a family. For something to cherish." He pulled you against him. Your back to his chest, feeling the powerful kicks of your child. You sat in silence, basking in the warmth and love surrounding you.