{five}

Help, I lost myself again,

But I remember you

I gave the strong drink in my hand another glare, stirring the brown liquor around the glass. Sitting alone at the Slytherin House party at the beginning of the year, much to my displeasure. As a Malfoy, I'm usually the life of the party, but watching the amount of second years getting drunk off of merely a single drink, totally ruined my mood. I rolled my eyes in disgust as one glided against my back, coming to the bar for another drink they didn't need. This was my fourth year, but these parties were all beginning to feel the same- boring. 

I took another sip of the FireWhiskey, watching my friends sloppily hang on each other on the dance floor. Blasie held up a beer in my direction, enjoying himself as two girls grinded against him.  The common room was enchanted to enlarge whenever we needed it for, obvious purposes. "Why so glum, Malfoy? Usually you're the king of the house parties." I rolled my eyes at Graham Montague, who currently was serving as the bartender, keeping my drink completely full. 

"It's the same shit ever year, Montague. Same people hooking up, same kids puking all over the curtains, same old hangovers in the morning. I'm waiting for something exciting to happen. Something to catch my eye. " I took another swing, hoping to feel somewhat of a buzz, trying to kill off the annoyance I had for everyone in the room. Since this was about my fourth glass, it seemed the feeling would never arrive. Well, until I saw her. 

Her tan skin stood out from the crowd like a sunset, unlike the fairskinned Europeans around here. Her long black hair almost tickling her exposed hips through the short black top she adorned, like it was made for her. Her dark jeans so tight against her long legs, I couldn't believe she even got them on. "Bloody hell, I don't know what catches your eye, but she surly catches mine. Man the bar, I've got to speak to her." Her golden eyes peered through the dimly lit room, her glare falling to the bar. She licked her lips, leaning her arms against the bar, staring at the dark haired boy. Before Montague even mustered the courage to speak, she was already asking him for a drink. One I've never heard of. And as an avid drinker myself, I know all the good types. 

"Death in the Afternoon? Sounds about like me right now." I muttered, stirring my drink again. This caught the girls attention, because she now faced me. The girl eyed me, before smirking, like she knew something. But maybe I knew something about her.. She literally shined like an expensive jewel. "Bartender, make it two." She plopped into the very open seat beside me, resting her head against her arm. . "Aren't you a buzzkill, Malfoy." She teased, watching my glare that trickled around the room, until it snapped back at her. "I don't believe we've met." I pressed, not registering who was sitting beside of me. I've never seen her here before, that was for sure. Someone this gorgeous in Slytherin house would obviously be noticed by every male specimen, especially me. 

She laughed lightly, throwing her hair over her shoulder, revealing her bare shoulder. "Oh, we've met, but that was ages ago. Elena, Elena Rosier." I raised an eye at her in surprise, looking for any reminder of the girl I met in the garden years ago. "Rosier? It's been awhile since I heard that name." "It's been awhile since my mother mentioned a Malfoy, too." She fired back, reaching for the black drink that slid across the bar. She knocked it back, before nodding to the one in front of me. Why was she at Hogwarts? After her mother demanded her to leave the Malfoy Manor, she, and her family disappeared. I never saw her, or her brother again.. Until now. My mother said she moved out of state, but she never really knew the truth. But the girl in front of me, is not the young Elena I once knew. I eyed the yellow plastic umbrella sticking out of the side of my glass, giving the girl a look.