{two}

Oh mother, I'm running from,

from the arms of another, of another, broken home.

Felix's breath caught as he crouched down in front of his sister. Tears in her eyes, but she dared not to allow them to spill. She learned tears are weaknesses. And her mother loved weakness. "I'll be home in three months, little sister. You be good, you hear me?" Elena sniffled and hugged his neck tightly, trying to keep him as long as she could. Always once he left, she became the center of the abuse, with no other protection for herself. 

"You best be going, boy. And please, at least try to be head of your class this year. Makes a good impression at the Ministry, as you know." His mother barked, almost ripping the two apart. Felix nodded at her mother, but smirked. He planned on finishing his application for a trainee at a dragon reserve in Romania as soon as he passed the entrance of the Slytherin common room. The train whistle blew, and the teen jumped aboard, watching his mother snatch his sister by her arm, twisting and disappearing off. 

"She's going to kill her before I make it home for Christmas." He said quietly, before heading to the Slytherin compartment, trying to find his friends. 

***********************

Elena held her breath before pulling herself into her room. Her mother's screams still ringing against the walls of the Roiser Estate. The girl wiped a hot tear from her face, bawling her hands into fists. She was tired of crying. She was exhausted of trying to be this perfect image that her mother had. It was hard trying to be something you had no idea how to be. Air blew through the girl as she grabbed a stuffed animal off her bed, and sling it at the wall, completely shattering the wall once the plush collided with the cement wall. 

The girl gave a wicked smile, before throwing another, creating another notch in the wall. "Elena Magdalene, there better be a good explanation for that noise coming from in there." Constance bellowed before, ripping the door open. "How DARE you, destroy my home! You filthy, inconsiderate brat!" The girl clutched the pink pig in her hand, before tossing it at her mother with all the power her thin arms could produce. 

The woman hit the ground before letting out a exasperated groan. Elena stared at the woman before her, inching closer. "I knew you'd protect me." She whispered, eyeing the shrew pig laying close to her unconscious mother. The girl took off running, the yellow dress she wore, blowing in the wind as she took off in the woods. She couldn't stop running. She wouldn't stop running until she could never see the woman who raised her again. 

"Woah there, 'ittle 'ady. Where do you think you're going?" A man with a think accent asked, snatching the girl by her arm. Frozen in fear, she stared at the man in powder blue. "Is this the Rosier girl that we are here for?" He asked the woman beside him. The woman towered over the man, and much over the girl. "Elena Rosier?" She asked, lowering close to the girls face. Elena snatched her arm away, turning to run again, but she fell face first into the leaves, her body becoming ridged. 

"Has to be. The house is just beyond the hill, her mother owled us the address last week, claiming for us to pick her up today. She also mentioned that her daughter was a handful." The man stated, pocketing his wand. Elena wanted to run. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't even blink, just stared as the woman picked her up, looking the girl over again. "I'm th' headmistress of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, Olympe Maxime. You are to attend our schoo' in France." 

Two more men appeared around them, also dressed in powder blue. "We found tha' door wide open, and tha' mother inside. She was jus' explainin' to us that her daughter attacked her." The giant woman gasped, glaring down at the still girl. "Maxwell, grab her an' keep her still! I can't hav' her attacking anyone elze. She will zimply hav' to be taught manners!" Elena wanted to roll her eyes at the woman, but she was instead hauled by the man with tough hands, back towards the estate.