Pick Someone Supportive

Okay so really this oneshot is just a few short instances where Harry wants to try something new and is a tad insecure, but Louis always reassures him and is nothing but supportive

Really I could have extended this and made it way longer, but I really wanted to update this for you guy since it has taken so long (maybe i can try doing a part two??? I don't even know)

I hope you like this, please tell me your thoughts :)

*****

It all started one day when Louis and Harry were curled on the couch together watching a film. It was one of their few days off from the tour, and the two only wanted to spend it with each other. Louis had insisted on watching the latest Marvel film, and who was Harry to say no to him? (here's me being the super annoying marvel trash self that I am(don't even get me started on Infinity War)).

However, the more the movie progressed, the more Harry began to pay less attention to Steve Rogers and Tony Stark and more on his own thoughts.

He was currently cuddled into Louis' side, his head falling on the lad's chest, thus giving Louis easy access to his hair. Which, Louis was using to his advantage. While one of his hands was resting just below Harry's hip, another was basically attached to his hair. Now, Louis had always had adored the boy's curly hair (he had literally called him Curly back in the X-Factor days, for Christ's sake), but as time passed and Harry grew his hair out further, Louis had become practically obsessed with it.

It now reached just above his shoulders, and when left untamed, framed his face perfectly.

(Or so Louis told him. Harry loved his hair, honestly, he did, but he knew if it wasn't for Louis and the confidence he gave him, he would have never felt comfortable growing his curls out).

But, he did, and Louis was so proud of his boy.

As Harry felt Louis absentmindedly stroke his fingers through his hair, he chewed his lip nervously, deep in thought.

"Hey, um, Lou?"

"Mhm, love?" Louis didn't tear his gaze from the screen in front of them, but moved the hand that wasn't rubbing Harry's head to grasp his hand in his own, letting the lad know he was listening.

Harry suddenly froze then, not sure how to word what he was about to ask. Shit, he should have planned this better.

At his boyfriend's silence, Louis looked over at him in concern. "Are you alright, love?"

The fingers messing with his curls must have clouded his mind more than Harry realized, as seemingly without his permission, he felt his mouth open and heard his voice begin to speak.

"Will you please braid my hair?"

Once the words left his mouth, Harry's cheeks reddened, and he looked down, avoiding eye contact with Louis, who was surely irritated and disapproved at what he had just been asked.

But all Louis did was gently say, "Well, I'd imagine I'd need a comb. And hair-tie, I suppose." Harry opened his mouth in shock, but before he could speak, Louis asked him, "Or bring me a few hair-ties, actually, if you're wanting more than one."

When Harry still remained mute, Louis laughed, resting his hand on the younger boy's cheek. "You do want me to do your hair, don't you?"

Snapped out of his daze, Harry nodded and stumbled his way up the stairs and to their bathroom, returning to Louis with the needed items.