It Was Dad

Josh and I pulled up outside the house and started to unload all my Hollister bags from the boot, I carried one and made Josh carry the rest. El was going to be so happy with what I bought her. I got her a pair of light denim shorts that had lace sewn onto the front along with some blue and pink sequins, there wasn't too much because I knew El didn't like to stand out from the crowd. I also got her two bottles of body mist one pink, and one blue which I knew she loved, I got her a bottle of her favourite Hollister perfume and I got her a Hollister wrist band. She was bound to love them, she always wore shorts, and always smelled nice and always wore jewellery, typical girl.

I shoved the key into the door and turned it, I pushed Down the handle and walked in to see El run awkwardly up the stairs.

"Where you going El? I shouted a bit confused to my sister running up the stairs.

"Just a bit cold, I'm changing into some trackies. I'll be down in a jiffy!" She shouted back, so I took her word and went to the sitting room and threw my body onto the couch and picked up the remote to turn on MTV music. It was my favourite channel.

"So what did my favourite sister buy me today?" I heard the familiar voice entering the room, I turned to see El wiggling her eyebrows at me making me giggle a bit.

"I'm your only sister El." I replied back still laughing, handing her the two Hollister bags with stuff I got for her in them.

I watched her open the first bag, she took out the pair of shorts and a smile instantly grew on her face, I knew she would like them. She opened the second bag and was so happy, her smile was contagious and even had Josh smiling at her. She was like a kid on Christmas morning. She took out the bracelet and put it on before looking up to me and pulling me into a huge bear hug, I loved her hugs. They were like mums.

"Thanks so much Em! I love everything so much!" She thanked me in the hug before giving me one last squeeze and letting her grip go.

"I'm glad El! You deserve it! Now c'mon, let's go try on your shorts." I said walking to the door, gesturing her to come upstairs.

Her face dropped, not a look of disappointment, it was more like a look of fright. Her eyes widened, her cheeks changed from pale white to scarlet red and her neck started to burn up.

"El, you ok? What's wrong?" I asked, my voice full of worry.

"N..nothing.. I.. I just.. I'm really cold. Maybe tomorrow ok?" She said apologising but I knew that wasn't the reason, it was summer and the house was like a sauna. I didn't want to bug her, especially when Josh was around. Sometimes she keeps certain things from him and I wouldn't like to spill the beans on anything. I walked into the kitchen and over to the black marble counter, picked up the kettle and brought it to the sink to make tea.

"Tea?" I shouted into the sitting room where Josh and El were still sitting.

"I'm good, thanks!" I heard Josh shout in.

I waited a minute and El still didn't answer.

"El? Tea?" I repeated.

"Oh.. Eh.. No, no thank you." I heard El shouting in after a second.

"Guess its just me then" I mumbled to myself.

I heard the front door open and seconds later my dad appeared in the kitchen door smiling. How I hated his smile. I used to adore it, I'd pay money just to see his smile, but now, it meant nothing to me, my feelings towards just his smile were stronger than my hate for TV adverts on music stations. And that was a lot!

"Hello darling." I heard from behind me, "How was your day?" His voice was so fake and put on, I knew what was behind him and I couldn't help but hate every bone in his body, and I mean could you blame me?