A Normal Day For Me

I guess I should introduce myself! I'm Emily Reed, I'm 16 years of age and I'm from Blackpool. I live with my Dad; Chris, my sister; Eilie, and her boyfriend; Josh. We live in an estate so our house isn't the biggest but we all fit into it so it works. Usually Eilie and Josh stay in his parents house in another estate because his mum usually works out of town and they don't like to leave the house empty for too long. Sometimes I stay with them for a day or two just for something to do, but I get the feeling they rather me at home, but they don't know what happens at home when they're gone.

My dad and I had an amazing relationship back just a year ago, but then my mother became sick. She had breast cancer and it tore the whole family apart when she passed. When it came near the end, my mother tried her best to act normal and be a normal family but I could see in her eyes she was weak, and just didn't want to be here. When she passed my dad broke in two, he quit his job as a lawyer and sat in his room for a month straight, only coming out for food, a drink or to go toilet. He didn't even wash himself! Everybody was worried sick about him, including me. Then one day I went into his room to see if he was ok, when Josh and Eilie were out shopping.

I knocked softly on the door, trying not to frighten my already shook father, "Dad are you ok? Can i please come in Dad?"

Since mum had died, when ever Emily was gone, i was the mother of the house. I had to cook, clean, shop, everything, but it wasn't that hard because my dad never came out of the room.

There was no answer so i gently opened the door, it squeaked as I opened it far enough to fit my head through. On the edge of my bed I saw my father sit there, staring at a container full of pills, I could read the sadness and emptiness in his eyes full of tears. I quickly ran over to him and hugged his shaking, cold, thin, white body. I could instantly feel him heat up. What was he thinking? How could he be so selfish?

"I'm sorry Em, I don't know what I was thinking! You cant tell anybody Em!" My father pleaded quickly!

How could he think I was going to keep this to myself? I had to tell El! He could try it again! I could never trust him to be left alone after this!

"Dad we have to tell El! You need to get help, you need to get better Dad!" I sobbed.

His head shot a glance at me and he instantly raised his fist at me, I jumped with a fright but it was too late, his fist connected to the side of my face and landed me on the floor beside the bed. I was in excruciating pain but I was so shocked i didn't even cry. I just stared at my dad in absolute shock. My father would never in a million years lay a finger on anybody.

He stood there over me staring at his fist and looking back down to me. I couldn't say anything with the pain in my face that was getting worse after the shock had worn off. I was terrified and didn't know what to do. I didn't know if i should just get up and run, or sit here and just not move.

"GET OUT! NOW!" My fathers voice made me jump, it was a side to him I've never seen, not even when him and my mum would argue, which wasn't often.

------------------------------------

I sat on my bed, thinking it over and over in my head. I couldn't tell El, or Josh. That's the reason he hit me, because I wanted to tell El about the pills. So many thoughts were going through my head, my father was so ill and there was nothing i could do about it. If I told anyone he could be capable of anything!

I looked towards my phone on my bed beside me. 01:20, already? I needed sleep. Maybe in the morning I could think of a way to fix it all. Maybe it was a once off thing and he didn't know what he was doing, maybe he just panicked and thought I was going to tell El.

-------------------------------

What do you's think so far? Please leave a vote it means a lot!
Twitter: @41Megandoyle
Instagram: doyliee_41