fullest extent

Liz's pov: "I can't do this anymore." I said.

"You still have several more months of chemo." My nurse told me.

"Several more months of suffering, I can't take it anymore!" I exclaimed.

She frowned.

"You do know what it means if we take you off of chemo, right?" She asked.

I nodded.

"It means I live the rest of my life the way I want to, which I don't want the rest of my life to be here in a hospital." I stated.

"You might not even have a year left to live if you're taken off chemo." She said.

"I know, now can you please just go get my doctor so I can talk to her?" I asked.

She sighed, but nodded anyways.

"I'll be right back." She said.

My phone rang and I looked over to see Zach was calling me. I picked up my phone and answered the call.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted to check in." Zach said.

"How are you? Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you tonight?" He quickly asked.

"I'm fine." I lied.

"And you've stayed with me the past three nights, you need to take a shower and get some rest on an actual bed and not a hospital chair." I added.

I heard Zach sigh which made me smile because I knew he had given in.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Positive." I said.

"Okay fine, I'll stay here at your apartment, but I'll see you tomorrow morning." He said.

I laughed lightly.

"I'm counting on it." I said.

"You should probably get some rest so I'll let you go." He said.

"Okay." I said.

"I love you, E." He said softly.

I felt my cheeks heat up and butterflies begin to go crazy in my stomach.

"I love you too, Z." I whispered. "Goodnight."

Then I ended the call.

I set down my phone just as Doctor Sloan walked in.

"So Nurse Angela told me you want to stop chemotherapy." Doctor Sloan said.

I nodded firmly.

"Yes, I do." I said.

"And there's no talking me out of it because I'm done with feeling like crap." I continued.

"I want to live the rest of my life to its fullest extent and I can't do that here." I added.

She nodded solemnly.

"When do you want to be discharged then?" She asked.

"Some point tomorrow." I said.

"How long do I have left to live?" I asked.

"I can't be too sure, but most likely less than a year." She said.

"Okay, thank you for everything." I said.

She nodded, then left the room.