Chapter 18

I'm so sorry for not updating , a lot of things happened to me during these few months. and btw I changed my name and picture on this cause I was tired of people getting me mistaken for Roc Royal and plus I was 13 when I made this account , I'll be 16 next month. and yes I'm still a fan of him and mindless behavior , but my celeb crush is August Alsina 😍😍

back to the story ....

Jennifer's POV.

I've been running in these woods for hours. I'm hungry , I'm tired , and I'm weak but I know once I stop most likely Roc would find me and I'll have no life left. I may be not in the best condition right now but I needed to leave. I can't stay with him any longer. It's been too long since I've seen freedom , and this was my chance. I may not know about the wilderness but I know a lot about astronomy. When I was younger my great grandpa always told me about the North Star Polaris. He believed that , that particular star helps through all severe travels , it's a guide to freedom , a hide to safety . It sparkles so bright at night to show an act of help. That's where my focus was at. The star.

I ran , I ran , I jumped over leafs , tripped over rocks , barefoot with so much mud and dirt on my feel , but I'm not stopping. I see that I'm getting near a town, I see people , I see stores , I see freedom. I kept running , my hardest to go faster. Until gunshot rang from behind me , Roc had found me!

I dodged a lot of them , and kept going. Until one bullet bounced off a tree branch and hit me in my leg.

"Fuck , " I sobbed. " no no no no , not again. " I cried.

The pain was crazy , and I've realized it became harder for me to get up. I started to crawl , and drag my helpless body , i was about a good mile away from where the town was , I wasn't far but not as close. I kept dragging , and crawling , shifting from one side to another , until someone pressed their solid heavy boot onto my back , stopping me.

"You thought you could run away from me ? " Roc said. "I gave you a chance baby to prove that your loyal , you disobeyed , and now you need to die "

He pressed the gun into my head.

He cocked it.

"Say goodbye Jennifer " he said.

I knew I had no one , I held my breath and prepared for my brain to be shattered. And my life to be taken away from me.

"FREEZE , PUT THE GUN DOWN " an officer had yelled.

I felt Roc remove the fun from my head and put it up at the cops.

"I SAID PUT THE GUN DOWN" the officer yelled again.

Roc didn't listen. More and more officers joined in. Roc was surrounded. I didn't realize his foot was off of me until I lifted my body up by a centimeter. I started crawling backwards where Roc was standing and took my good foot and shoved his private area.

"Fuck " he yelled out and crouched down to the ground. I grabbed the gun off the floor and stood up and pointed it at him.

"What you gonna do ? go ahead and shoot , I dare you " he said.

I took the gun and smacked him in his head with the metal object several times , until I saw blood gushing from his head. I threw the gun to the cop , and limped towards the cops and ambulance. Before I could take a good step , I fell to the floor and collapsed. I didn't remember anything after that , my eyes closed and that was what I believed to be the end.