Chapter 32- Surprise

🎶Perfect🎶

Emerald's POV

"Like that should have been me...you basically got the whole day off" Chromia remarked as we pulled into the driveway, my eyes on the beautiful flowers that were neatly arranged. I pondered on Chromia's remark for a matter of minutes as I tried to connect the words, if any of those words actually made sense.

"Chromia, you are currently unemployed" I stated firmly and Chromia tapped her chin after a matter of seconds. As a matter of fact, if I remembered clearly Firestar said her eldest sister had always been a stay at home wife ever since human bodies were obtained.

"Oh dear, it seems as though I am really losing it but honey you getting the day off is truly amazing" Chromia stated firmly and I could not help the glare I issued. I may have to reconsider having Aqualight as my crazy friend.

"Did I forget to mention that I wasted my time heading to work?" I asked as I got out of the car and she shrugged, her car keys being placed in her pocket the moment she exited the car.

I had told her about my early leave but I never did mention seeing Soundwave. I would break my own heart because I knew how hard it was for me to leave him there when he tried to have a small conversation. He openly told me that the relationship I wanted he couldn't give so there was no need for me to feel guilty about this. My eyes fell on Chromia's open door, my seatbelt being removed as I straightened my posture.

Wait Chromia's door was actually open, didn't she live alone?

"The hell? Why is your front door open?" I asked and Chromia looked at what I was staring at, her door was unlocked and you could actually see this without looking closely.

"By the love of Venus?!" Chromia remarked as we both ran indoors the moment she parked the car. So as soon as we entered Chromia's home the lights came on, all my friends yelling the word 'surprise'.

"Happy Nineteenth Birthday!" Most people yelled and I actually forgot how to speak.

I looked at Chromia behind me and she actually wore a smile as opposed to the expression of shock seen before. She was very much aware of why her door was open and I actually fell for the small trick.

"Surprise" she stated as she waved her hands with a playful smirk. I covered my face and laughed, my eyes growing slightly moist the more I laughed.

"That was not funny! I thought Chromia was robbed" I pointed out and Chromia laughed, her hair being placed behind her ear.

"It was damn funny cause you should have seen your face. Honey if thieves are brave enough to try my house I would be kicking ass" Chromia remarked as she sipped the drink Orion handed to her.

He gave me a firm nod before he went over to his wife who smiled up at him before planting a kiss on his cheek. I found it odd that Optimus was the only one not to yell the word surprise but I was far from surprised by the action.

"We just wanted to surprise you by giving you your first earthly Birthday party!" Aqualight added as she raised her glass of red wine. I smiled, this was a sweet gesture and while they tricked me into coming here my spark was warm.

They were my little family.

"Guys you didn't have to do all this" I stated as I placed my hands to my chest and Chromia hugged me the moment my hands fell. My eyes moved to Star who placed her arms behind her as she gave me a sad stare. I knew she was elated to celebrate my birthday but seeing her older sister treat me like a little sister was a sting to her spark (heart).

I opened my mouth to speak but Chromia did not allow me to.

"Why not celebrate your Nineteenth birthday honey?" Chromia remarked as she pulled away to stare at me, Star pouring herself a drink. Ratchet placed a soft kiss to her cheek, Star staring at her lover for a matter of seconds.