Chapter 6 - Broken

Hi guys!

Long time no see! I know this story will never get as much attention as the Adiza FF, but nevertheless, I am really attached to it and I am going to continue :)

Thank you so much for the votes!

Hope you'll enjoy!

______________________________________________________

Since both of them had to first finish some work-related things in Mumbai, the engagement party was planned in a few weeks. Both of them fly back to Mumbai.

-

"Would you please put the phone away?", she asks looking out of the window of the car and trying to stop her anxiety from rising. "Don't worry, I know what I am doing", he says, continuing to fiddle around on the phone while driving. She takes a deep breath and unconsciously forms her hands into fists. At some point he took a video of him singing along the song and showing the road. It was not the first time she sat in his car, but this was the first time that he had been doing this with her in his car. She was aware of it, and she had asked and told him quite a few times that he should please be careful. He was only making fun of her when she said it.

They arrived at his apartment when she finally exhales deeply and gets quickly out of the car. At some point Zain realises that she was unusually silent, so he wonders what might be wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong?", Zain asks and looks at her questioningly. "Nothing.", she said quietly, and goes to the kitchen to get some water. Zain only shrugs and suddenly he has an idea on how to make her laugh. He takes his phone opens the video he had made only last night of him, Gautam and Karan's car race and walks excitedly into the kitchen.

"Look, yesterday was so much fun", he says and goes to her to show her the video. Her reaction however was not the one he'd expected. She puts down her cup on the counter with a loud noise making him look at her in surprise, only to see her eyes fuming with anger. "Are you guys stupid?", she asks her voice high pitched and different to anything he has ever heard her voice sound like. First, he looks at her shocked and then his expression turned into confusion. "What is wrong, what happened?", he asks trying to understand. "What's wrong is that you don't seem to think that what you are doing is so dumb", she spies, grinding her teeth. "You mean the car race?", he asks, eyebrows scrunched. She only gave him the expression that was meant to be a 'obviously'. "Oh, c'mon Pia, it was just for fun! Nothing happened! Why are you so angry about it?", he asks.

And she had enough:

"Just because! It's common sense, why can't you see that?", her voice pressed, making Zain wonder what might have gotten into her. Piavri huffs frustrated and storms out of his apartment, startling him when the door closes with a bang.

When she was not reacting to his calls or messages and when she was also not reachable at all, he starts to worry. 'Okay, what should I do?', he thinks and comes to the conclusion that despite the distance Leila might know where Pia was. So, he calls her and is relieved when she picks up the phone on the first try. He explains to her what happened, and he was right, Leila knew exactly where she could be.

After not coming to a decent solution, he just needed to see her. So, he drove to her workplace, but went straight to the floor below the one she usually worked. The security guy at the door gave him a knowing look and thankfully let him inside where he already heard the music softly playing from inside the room with the heavy looking, deep red colored door that was not fully closed yet. It was the record studio that was placed in the same building where she works at. Whenever she was upset or had to get her mind off of something, she would come here.