The New Kid

This is a story I just came up with.  I know it's probably bad, but I think it's pretty good, and I hope you think so too.

This story was inspired by Drew Lynch, a comedian with a stutter.  Go support his YouTube channel, he has lots of great videos called Dog Vlogs.

**ALEX POV**

It was a cloudy day at school.  Class had started and everyone was in their seats, waiting for the teacher to talk.  She got up out of her desk and walked to the front of the room, next a boy with brown hair green eyes, a black jacket, and a dog?  Why was there a dog in school!?  And why did this kid have one.  "Good morning everyone," said Mrs. King, "I'd like you to meet our new student, go and introduce yourself."  The Boy swallowed and said, "H-H-Hi, m-m-m-my na-a-ame is S-Si-i-imon-n." he seemed to be struggling to get the words out.  "a-a-and thi-is is T-T-T-Truc-cy," he gestured to the dog next to him.  I noticed it had a vest that said 'Working Dog, Do Not Pet' and got curious.  I was about to ask about it, but before I could, Kalen blurted out, "W-Why do y-y-you ta-alk lik-ke th-th-that."  All the annoying kids stared giggling.  Simon hid his face in shame.  "Don't talk like that to someone like Simon.  A month before he moved here he was hit in the throat by a softball," the teacher snapped.  The new kid didn't say anything after that, he just sat in his desk in the back of the classroom along with Trucy.  It sounds really painful when you think about it, being hit in the throat with a softball >M<.  I wonder what it felt like.

When school was over, I was on my way home when I saw Simon.  He looked down, so I decided to walk over to him.  "Hi, sorry about Kalen he's an obnoxious douche," I said, trying to cheer him up.  He didn't say anything, he just gave a weak smile that quickly turned back into frown.  The air felt extremely heavy.  Suddenly, a car pulled up.  Simon didn't say anything, he just waved at me, and got in the car with Trucy.

That night, I kept thinking about that boy, how lonely he looked, and how Kalen made fun of him.  Around 1 o'clock, I fell asleep.

//AUTHOR//

poor Simon.  I wonder what Alex will do about Kalen.  What do you think?  Write down below. I'm only just starting to get into writing so, if you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to here them.

BYE!!!