Chapter Six (Updated/Edited)

*  *  *  *

* * * *

~ Charlotte's P.O.V. ~

I found a hair tie on the bathroom counter. It was part of a small pack of them, just resting next to the marble sink. Putting my hair into a ponytail, I slowly made my way out of the bathroom. I had to make sure no one was out there. That's what I was hoping for at least, but that wasn't a case.

Archer stood next to the bed. He was looking at his phone, but once he heard me opening the door and taking a few steps, he looked up. I was frozen in fear as his eyes met mine. I backed away a bit, my back hitting the now closed bathroom door.

I could tell that he was going to start to move, but a small noise escaped from me. It sounded like a shriek. I tried to push myself further into the door, but it wasn't working.

He stopped moving and just looked at me. Now that I look at him, he is extremely good looking. No! I cannot start thinking these types of thoughts.

Archer cleared his throat, "I came up here to let you know that there's food down on the main floor. Only if you want some."

I nodded, "I'll . . . I'll head down, um, soon."

To my surprise, all he did was nod. At first, I thought that he was going to stay, but another thing that surprised me was that he had left the room, though he was hesitant. I bit my lip and started looking around, trying to figure out how I would get out of here without being noticed. I know that we were pretty high up. I mean, I was on the fourth floor, so of course it was going to be high up.

I slowly made my way over to one of the windows and gazed out of it. I took a deep breath. That was a very long way down.

Okay, Charlotte. You're going to be just fine. I mean, it's not like you're in a huge house filled with people you don't know and tons of the male species are in the same building as you. Not to forget a very good looking, very scary guy who won't let you leave. Oh, wait, that's exactly what's going on!

My breathing begins to become heavier as I start to think of everything over again. Maybe the window wouldn't be such a good idea. I mean, it doesn't even- never mind, it just opened.

I put my fingers under the window, lifting it up with as much strength as possible. For some reason, it was unlocked. I didn't even think that it would be possible. I mean, it's the fourth floor and this could be a major danger area . . . or maybe a savior for me. Each floor had parts of the roof that extended a little bit more than others. It looked like they were large stairs, causing me to be able to make only little jumps down.

I swing one of my legs outside the window, placing my foot on the roof, then doing the same with my other leg. I sat there for a moment, my heart racing as if it were going in a high speed car chase. I scoot down the third floor's roof carefully, making sure not to make much noise. I have to make sure that no one was outside and that they weren't going to seeme, because if they did, then I don't think I'd be able to get away.

When I got to the edge of the roof, I hopped down to the next one, my legs shaking a bit at the landing. The same things occurred until I was on the last roof. There were a couple bushes that were under the area. I shook my hands, trying to get the nerves out of my system. I leaped off the room and into the bushes, which did close to nothing in breaking the fall. I didn't have time to process the slight pain that I was feeling from the landing. I got back onto my feet, quickly wiping off any extra leaves that could have been stuck to me.

I gazed around the very large yard, tryingto see if there was anyone out, but there wasn't. Okay, I've got this. I started running as fast as I could, hoping that my fastest is just fast enough.

For a few minutes, I thought that I would make it. That I would finally be free again. It was a similar feeling to when I was finally able to get away from my father. I would finally be able to get back to starting my new life. I have no idea how long I have even been here. How long had I been passed out?

Before I was able to cypher through my memories of what day it was when I had passed out, I was tackled to the ground. I thought it had been Archer, but when I was able to force my body to turn around onto my back, my fear only grew more. That thing that had tackled me was no human. No, it was a wolf.