Chapter Two (Updated/Edited)

* * * *

* * * *

~ Charlotte's P.O.V. ~

Darkness surrounded everything and everything I tried to do to find light ended up in failure. My eyes weren't letting me control them and end up remaining shut. What happened to me? Am I still in the woods? Did that scary man do something to me? I had so many questions that I didn't even know where to start or what to even think about right now.

"Why isn't she waking up?" A frustrated voice spoke. The voice was deep and steady, but I could tell that they were getting even more irritated as time passed. I didn't need to have my eyes open to know that.

"I'm sorry, Alpha. The panic attack that she had drained most of her energy and the lack of air caused her body to put her in a short sleeping state to protect herself. It shouldn't be long until she wakes up." A soft, feminine voice spoke.

The sound of her voice made me calm down a bit. It was at this point that I was trying so hard to open my eyes, but again, nothing happened.

Another frustrated sigh leaves the man, "She better wake up soon."

This made my heart start to race, making the heart monitor that I guess I was connected to start to beep faster and louder. No, I don't want them to know that I was listening in on them. I hear two pairs of footsteps come closer to me. Someone grabs my right hand. Theirs felt warm and strong, almost protective. Small, electric sparks ran through my body, something that I oddly found appealing. The problem was, was that women don't usually have this large or rough hands as men do.

"Wake up." The voice pleaded.

It took a minute, but I was finally able to open my eyes, though they opened slowly. The light was too bright for my liking, but I couldn't help it. My eyes were directly looking at the ceiling when I opened them, which waswhite, so were the walls as my gaze traveled down the room. Where am I? I looked down at what I was wearing. It was a hospital gown. Why was I in the hospital?

The hand that was holding mine tightened a little bit, not enough to hurt though, "I'm glad you're awake."

I jumped slightly at the voice, my head shooting to his direction. Right away, I knew that he was the person that I saw last night. Wait, was it last night? How long have I been here? Immediately, my body becomes stiff.

The man, who was extremely intimidating, "What is it? What's wrong? Are you hurting somewhere?"

I didn't answer, not that I could even if I wanted to. I was too stiff and scared. My eyes landed on the man's hand, which was holding mine. Trying to pull it away from his, I twist my wrist, doing my best to loosen his grip, but I was having a hard time doing it. He wouldn't let go and even though he wasn't hurting me, I knew that it was only a matter of time before he does. All men are the same. They are all people with cruel intentions who want something out of everything, and they will do everything to benefit themselves, no matter who they end up hurting.

My breathing starts to become heavy, just like it did before. I want him to let go. I need him to let go. After a few other attempts to free my hand, he finally lets go, allowing me to scoot a little bit away from him, trying to make myself feel even a little bit more comfortable. He has tattoos on his arms and neck and I'm sure there were way more than just what I could see. His hair was a dark brown. I think he usually styles it, but right now, it was a messy bunch of slight curls. His eyes were a deep blue and they were quite beautiful.

I slightly shake my head, trying to rid myself of those thoughts from my mind. If I continued with these thoughts, then I possibly wouldn't be able to notice that he was going to do something that would end up harming me.

"Alpha, I think you should maybe take a step back." The woman said. Alpha? Was that his name?

There was this sort of growl that escapes from him, something that I didn't think that humans could make. This just got even more weirder and scarier than before. Alpha's arms grabbed onto me, pulling me closer to his body. I did not like this one bit. We were too close. My body started shaking a little and there was nothing I could do about it. My breathing began to pick up, which wasn't helping the matter either. I think I was going to have another panic attack. I could feel myself becoming light headed again.

"Alpha, look at her. She's going to faint again. I think you're scaring her." She said.

Hesitantly, Alpha's arms let go of me and I scoot away once again, like I had down a few minutes ago. My heart rate slows down, but I think it was still above what it should have been. He was still in the room and as long as that it, I wasn't going to let my guard down any time soon.

"Hi there, I'm Dr. Griffin." The woman spoke. My gaze goes to her.

My voice was quiet, "Hi."

I heard Alpha take a deep breath, but I was having a hard time figuring out why.

"Do you remember what happened?" Dr. Griffin asked.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "I-I was taking a walk through the woods, b-but I tripped. T-Then h-he showed up." I pointed a little at the large, scary man who frightened me dearly.

"Why did you have a panic attack?" She asked.

I leaned closer to Dr. Griffin, "He scares me."

"He scares you?" She questions, confused.

"Why are you scared of me?" Alpha asked, his voice loud and demanding.

A small gasp leaves my lips and my body becomes even more stiff than it was before. I heard a small whimper, but I didn't look to see who or what it came from, but I know it wasn't from me.

"It's okay. He won't hurt you. I promise." There was a small, comforting smile on Dr. Griffin's face.

I look at her and then glanced at him and then back at her, "You promise?"

She nodded, "I promise. Now tell me, why are you so scared of him?"

"It's not just him. They all scare me." I whispered.

"Them?"

"Men. They scare me . . . to an extent."

Dr. Griffin and Alpha look at each other confused. I guess it was a bit confusing. No one said anything and I didn't really like the silence.

"U-Um, Alpha-"

"My name is Archer." He interrupts me, "Call me Archer."

I cleared my throat, "A-Archer, how long do I have to stay?" I looked from him and then back to Dr. Griffin, waiting for someone to answer me.

I wanted to smack myself from stuttering while I talked to him. This is not in my comfort zone and my body was on complete high alert.

Archer looks at me, with a monotone expression and voice, "You're staying here until further notice."

A/N: For everyone who is reading this for the first time, this is the updated version, including chapter one. This means, that the chapters after this one have extreme inconsistencies until those are also edited and updated. You will know for sure if the other chapters have been updated if it says (Updated/Edited) after every chapter name. The only reason there will no longer be this label is when everything has been updated and edited. There will be an author's note at the end of that chapter to let you know if I am all caught up with the updates and edits! Thank you for understanding!