Chapter Seven (Updated/Edited)

*  *  *  *

* * * *

~ Charlotte's P.O.V. ~

A scream escaped from my throat as I used my hands to cover my face. Even if I couldn't see, I could still tell that the enormous wolf was still above me. I can hear its growling and the feeling of its hot breath going onto my face. I will have to admit that it wasn't my best moment, due to not really knowing what to do and being terrified for my life. At this current moment in time, I would very much rather be in the same room as Archer.

"Someone! Please help!" I cry, my voice scratchy and painful.

This is where I was going to die. I had finally gotten away from my father, only to be killed by an abnormally large wolf.

"Noah! Get the fuck off my mate!" A deep voice growled. Archer.

The growl he made was almost animalistic. It was as though that he was the wolf on top of me. It was so loud, that for a split second, I thought that it had shaken the ground. The wolf stopped growling and slowly backed off of me.

I let out a sigh of relief, as I was no longer in immediate danger, but that doesn't mean I'm out of it completely. Archer stood a few feet away from me, glaring at the wolf, making sure that it was leaving. Once it left, Archer looked at me. His eyes held a glare, but the rest of the face held a worried expression. I bit my lip and looked away from him. My body started to shiver, not just because it was cold outside, but also because I was scared. I had failed to run away and I was about to get the repercussions from Archer.

"You tried to run away." He said, his voice was low and dangerous.

I let out a breath, shaking as I did so. I moved back a bit. I had hoped to put a little distance between us, but it wasn't working. He didn't like my movements too much because he did that animal-like growl once more. He started taking more steps towards me and I let out a small cry.

"Why'd you try to run?" He questioned.

I didn't answer, bringing my knees under my chin. I knew that I should've spoken, maybe it could be the thing that could save my life. I guess I'm kind of stupid in that way.

"Answer me!" He demanded.

I had let out a small scream, my vision began to become dark and splochy. Everything started to sound muffled, as if I were underwater. No . . . I was going to pass out. I didn't want to.

Not too long after my thoughts, they had come true. I slowly started to slip into darkness.

* * * *

My hands gripped what felt like soft sheets. It confused me because I was outside when I was consumed. I don't remember there being any silk sheets in the middle of the forest. One of the last things I remembered was passing out in the woods because of fear. What was the cause of the fear again?