Sad™

This isn't fluff, have fun
I tried, it might not be very good, but just know I tried.

“Turn away” Nico sang softly, like if he made too much noise he'd break. Will sat next to him holding his hand just as softly as Nico sang. “If you could get me a drink of water cause my lips are chapped and faded” “Call my aunt Marie, help her gather all my things and bury me in all my favorite colors” Will had called Nico's family and helped them gather all his things and buried a few in the back yard. “My sisters and my brothers still I will not kiss you” Hazel couldn't even come in to the room without breaking down crying. Nico had to blow her a kiss the last time she came. “The hardest part of this, is leaving you”

Nico had been diagnosed with cancer a few months after he proposed to Will. The war with Gaea was over and they decided that life was too short to waste it all on fighting. “Now turn away, cause I'm awful just to see” a few tears rolled down Nico's cheeks as he continued singing. “All my hair's abandoned my body, oh my agony” Will got more and more sad every time he saw Nico, he could tell that he was trying, but there was only so much he could do. “Know that I will never marry” They both let out a little choked noise at that, they had planned to get married in the winter, and Will had hoped they could push through this, but as time went on, Nico only seemed to get worse.

“Baby I'm just soggy from the chemo, but counting down the days to go, it just ain't living” Will clutched to his fiance a little harder. What did Nico mean, he couldn't be giving up now. Nobody wanted to admit it, but they knew that Nico couldn't just will power himself through this and they knew that the medicine only worked so well. “But if you say, goodbye today. I'll ask you to be true, cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.”

Nico started to cough and his breathing got a little heavier. Will almost called for a nurse before Nico began to breath normally again. “Yes the hardest” Nico paused to cough again and Will stood up before Nico pulled on his hand with all the strength he had left. “Part” a deep breath while Nico's heart rate started to slow. “Of this” the last words came out as just above a whisper, so Will had to lean in to hear him “is leaving you.” Nico kissed Will's forehead and fell back into the bed. It didn't matter that will was the son of Apollo, even he couldn't heal his fiance.

Will started to cry, after all they had done to save this world and this is what they get. He looked back up to see Nico smiling at him softly, seeming to tell him to not be too angry at the world.

Nico let out another cough and tried to lace his finger with his fiance, but found that he couldn't. As his breaths grew more shallow and his heartbeats slowed he tried once more.

The heart monitor let out a long, piercing sound. Will started crying, choking out sobs and grabbing Nico's hand. The nurses rushed in and began to write down the time of death and wheeling the son of Hades away.

Frank and Hazel had to come get him. He cried for about three days with only slight breaks in-between and eventually falling asleep. He barely ate and when he did it was when Frank came in to check on him. Eventually he got a little better but he still never quite got over the son of Hades.