Part 3

In the 1700s, in a desolate village, in northern Thailand lived a grandfather and his grandson who were friends with wolves. One day, a lot of villagers' livestock were dead and missing, so the villagers accused both the grandfather and grandson of abducting the cattle to feed on their pet wolves.

Eventually, the villagers were angry and drove them both into the forest and named them as werewolves. In addition, they also forbid residents to approach the border so as not to get hurt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Singto rested in a lawn chair while heaving his feet after his controlling traffic shift ended. He looked exhausted, because the day before, he attended the Sung school event, where the school held a parent's marathon activity with the children, so the parents had to hold their child while running on their shoulders along 2 km.

Then since morning, he was assigned to manage the traffic until noon break under the blaring sun. His legs were really sore and swollen.

His partner suggested that he go to the hospital, but he rejected on the reason of frugality. He sat for a moment on the chair and massaged his legs because after this he had to go back to the police station to make a report. Later at night he still has a patrol schedule with his usual partner, Ming.

As Singto rolled up his pants and massaged his legs, suddenly his white furry friend appeared to help him and lick his legs.

"Hey, buddy! Do you come to see me? "He stroked the dog's head. "Where have you been, I miss you..." he then checked the dog's left front leg.

"How's your wound?"

The dog barked as if to tell him that he was fine, and not to worry while wagging his tail and spinning several times.

"I have not repaid your kindness for saving my life last time, What if I give you a present..." he looked around and found the hotdog wagon not far from his place.

"Do you want a hotdog? I'll treat you!"

The dog changed his expression and stepped back slowly as if telling Singto that he didn't want it.

"Aw, you do not like hotdogs?" Singto asked then thought for a moment and realized something. "Did it think the hotdog was dog meat?"

"Well if you don't like it, I will not force..."

The dog barked and wagged his tail again with joy. Singto suddenly remembered Ming's words telling him to give a name to the dog.

"Oh yeah, I do not know how to call you ..." Singto said. "Do you mind if I give you a name?"

The dog barked and wagged its tail signifying agreement.

Singto thought for a moment. "But I do not know are you males you are females..." Singto said. "Sorry..." he then put his hands on his chest and bowed to the dog and hesitantly raised his tail to peek at his gender.

The dog jerked in surprise but he just stood without a flinch, letting Singto do what he wanted. But Singto seems to have trouble and reaches out his hand to touch it. The dog made a short wailing sound in surprise.

"Aw, so you're a male..." he then turned around and found a shop with the name Kerrist, he immediately got the idea.

"Well, from now on, your name is Krist!" Singto said.

The dog barked again, wagging his tail with joy as he spun around.

Singto immediately embraced Krist stroked his stomach while playing with it, and forgot the pain in his legs.