Hearts

It was a pretty slow day, the coffee shop was empty except for a few customers. The radio played a quiet, mellow tune while Daron put cinnamon buns on display next to the cash register. Suddenly, the bells above the door chimed and a man came in.
He had dark, curly shoulder-length hair and a small beard. He went up to Daron and scanned the menu on the wall behind him before looking down at the small cashier.
"Hello! How can I help you?" Daron asked, giving the man a small smile.
"I'll have a large latte and one of those," the customer replied and pointed at the fresh cinnamon buns.
Daron nodded and started preparing the order. He felt pretty nervous around the customer, so he tried to not look at him much. He made small hearts on top of the coffee and gave the cup to the man.
A warm smile crept onto the stranger's face when he saw the hearts. He paid for the order and sat down at a table, pulling out and booting up his laptop.
Daron couldn't stop staring at him. There was something about the man that made him feel... strange.

After a few hours, the stranger was still sitting there. His cup was empty, but he was still working. Daron made another latte and after gathering all his courage, he went up to the man.
"I-I noticed... you're working so hard... here you go," he stuttered, putting the full cup down.
"Oh... thank you..," the customer said and took some time to read Daron's name tag, "Daron!"
"You're welcome, mister," Daron replied with a smile. He felt like a little child saying that. Then he took away the empty cup and plate, and continued to stand behind the cash register, looking over at the stranger every once in a while.
After an hour or so, the customer left. Of course, not without exchanging smiles and little waves.
Why did Daron feel so weird around him? He had no clue. Maybe it was because of the height difference, or maybe it was the fact that the customer was so handsome. Daron liked it when he smiled, it sent shivers down his spine just thinking about it. It was really apparent- Daron had fallen hard for a stranger he'll probably never see again.