twelve

(i was listening to day6's 'i'm serious' while writing this, so if y'all want a song to go with this chapter then there you go!)

the same shade of orange that tinted the evening sky shone it's light on our skin.

without exchanging words with each other, jungwoo and i took our usual route back home.

i didn't want to admit it, but i believe that both of us became a little- okay, very awkward after the kiss.

the feeling of his lips on mine still lingered, and the more i wanted it to go away, the longer it stayed.

mindlessly, i started walking more and more towards the edge of the pavement. it wasn't until i heard the obnoxiously loud honk of a vehicle that i snapped out of my trance.

huh.. deja vu?

"still gonna tell me that you both aren't dating? come on, spill it! y'all got together, didn't you?"

the honk of the van isn't the only thing that's obnoxiously loud..

"geez, who are you talking to? us, or the whole neighbourhood?"

lucas snorted at my comment, and continued to push us for an answer, "you didn't answer my question yet!"

i looked over to jungwoo, expecting him to give lucas an answer on our behalf, but judging from the expression on his face, i don't think he even has one.

i mouthed the words 'what do i say?" to him, and though he didn't reply with any words, i could tell from the look in his eyes that he was equally as clueless as me.

i mean, technically we aren't together. we aren't dating, so it would be wrong to say that we're together.

but, if i say that we aren't, it may hurt jungwoo's feelings. like- "i just kissed you a few hours ago, and now you're saying that there's nothing going on between us?"

alright, plan c, i just won't tell lucas anything.

"it's none of your business. and, if you still remember, you lied straight to my face yesterday. i still haven't gotten back at you for doing that! drop the question and i'll drop my plan to drown you in the han river."

i could hear jungwoo stifle a laugh beside me.

"murder is illegal, eun-ae!" lucas hummed with a grin.

"i'm still not dropping the question, by the way. i can wait here all day. the road is empty, anyways."

at that point, i really wanted to just grab jungwoo and run back home.

but why didn't i do that? you ask?

because i was 200% sure that lucas would get out of his van and chase us.

"stop being stubborn, and stop digging into other people's privacy. haven't you done that enough times to know that it never leads to anything good?"

contrary to his harsh tone, jungwoo gently grabbed my hand and pulled the both of us away from lucas and the black van.

i was so sure that lucas was going to let us go without saying anything else, but i was proven wrong.

though he spoke with the same level of loudness, his voice lacked any type of playfulness that was usually present whenever he talked.

"and haven't you had enough experience with getting close to people like her to know that it's never going to work out in the end?"

almost instantly, jungwoo's grip around my hand tightened.

(a/n: sadly this is going to be the last update until my exams end 2 week later :(( also is anyone going for wanna one's concert in singapore because like 👀👀 im going 👀👀)