Chapter 1: Winter

"Okay! Today starts your training, Moonstone."

________________________________________________________________________________

Ever since the day she found Moonstone, Antarcticite had become good friends with her and Antarc was told to train Moonstone so that she would soon be able  to take over night watch. The fact that Moonstone slightly  glowed was an issue that was solved by covering her with a cloth that fit like a cloak.

"So! You will be taking over at night which means that you will have to do the things I was not able to accomplish during the day." Antarc said, leading Moonstone through the snow.

"Yes, ma'am!" Moonstone had a soft but sharp and confident voice that was a great sound to a loner.

Time Skipudesu!

They soon arrived at an area where there was a bunch of ice.

"Antarc-san.... why are we here?" Asked little Moonstone.

"Watch, Moonstone."

Soon, one of the tree looking things made a loud crash and booming sound as it sank beneath the water. Moonstone flinched, frightened by the noise.

"Ah! That was loud...." She softly exclaimed, hiding behind Antarc.

"That was not it.... just wait a bit." Antarc said, patting Moon's head awkwardly.

Then, a large crash sounded, then a wailing sound filled the air.

"Ahh!" Screamed Moonstone as a few more wails filled the air. Then, with a final roar, a large mountain was formed.

"These sounds disturb our sleeping companions so, we have to destroy them." Stated Antarc calmly.

"I h-have to destroy that?!" Exclaimed Moonstone.

"Yes, you do. So, first, we have to see if you can lift a sword." Antarc then handed Moonstone her sword.

Moonstone took it and lifted it in front of her face and stared at it.

"I thought swords were supposed to be heavy. This isn't that heavy..." She muttered, trying to make it heavier.

As she did this, Antarc stared at her in shock.

H-how? Maybe it is because she is harder...?

"E-eh... Antarc-san.... why are you staring at me?" 

"Eh-? Oh, it's nothing. Now, I will demonstrate how to break the ice floes. Watch closely."

Then, Antarcticite ran up the ice floe mountain. She used her heel to break the tip and make cracks as she ran down the other side. Then, she lifted her sword and pierced the last crack and, with a crash, the ice floe cracked in two and sunk. 

"Now, your turn, Moonstone."

They returned to the school to get Moonstone her shoes and sword. She then tried her first round. She broke the ice floe in half but she was too close and started falling.

Her arms flailed for a few moments and then she closed her eyes and braced herself for the fall.

"Antarc-san! Help meeee!!!!!!!"

"Moonstone!" Antarc yelled, stopping her inches before she hit the water. Antarc lifted her up and sighed.

"You've got to learn to be more careful!" Antarcticite scolded.

"Sorry, Antarc-san..." Moonstone said, hanging her head.

Antarc sighed and shook her head.

"Nevermind it Moonstone. Perhaps we will find a job more suited to you." Antarc said, leading her away.

They then agreed that she should just take care of the other gems, who were unaware of her presence, and Kongo-sensei as well as digging up the snow in and around the school.

Moonstone handled these pretty well, with a little practice. She grew up pretty fast but she hadn't learned to fight yet, seeing as there haven't been any Lunarian Sightings yet.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~End of Ch.1~

Hi...... um..... I was just wondering what you guys think Moonstone's nickname should be.