Chapter 3: End of Winter

"Huh??"

________________________________________________________________________________

Moonstone awoke to find a flower on her bedside table along with a note.

Dear Luna,

                 Sensei and I came up with a nickname for you, not that you really need it. I 

            want to give you this flower as a token of my thanks for keeping me company 

            this year. I really appreciate it.

                                                                                                                           - Antarc-san

Moonstone picked it up and twirled it around, shocked at how fast time flew by. Well that was direct. Nothing less from Antarc-san. Three months have past yet it seems only yesterday Antarc-san taught me the low of winter and what to do.

She stood up and got dressed for the night. She then went out on her brief but thorough night patrol that she had done ever since the encounter with the Lunarians.

She entered the room where the gems were sleeping and watched them on a seat at the entrance, sword by her side and blanket ready. The sword's purpose was only if the Lunarians attacked the school. It hadn't happened yet but it was still a possibility. 

She stared at the other gems, identifying their names as taught by Antarc. There were only eleven of the gems right now, twelve counting Sensei. 

All of them were still right now so she decided to read one of the storybooks that were in the library. She had brought five thick books because the nights were always long. This time, however, she was not able to focus, worrying about what to do in spring and the succeeding seasons. 

Then she heard a rustling sound. She swiftly grabbed one of the sheets and covered Sapphire in it with a slight swish. Sapphire had straight blue hair and a serious but caring disposition. After that, all was peaceful again. 

Moonstone then heard a loud bang and she went over to Sensei's room, covering him in a sheet, scolding him softly and lightly while she sent him off to 'meditate'. 

 She then returned only to find Rutile up this time. She tugged one of the sheets and carefully settled her down. She looked at Rutile. The other gem had duo colored hair, one half brownish and the other lemon colored. Moonstone's deep interest was rooted in the fact that they were almost the same age. Antarcticite had told her to at least make friends with her. Moonstone was excited and anxious at the same time.

She had never been around any other gem besides Antarc and based on what Antarc told her, it seemed she could start with Rutile but Yellow Diamond or Sapphire would also be a good choice.

Moonstone soon met up with Antarc when dawn was breaking. They were sitting by the water, pointing out things that looked nice or funny before Moonstone asked the question that had been nagging at her.

"When do you think we should wake them up?" Moonstone asked, her hair blowing in the wind.

"I think I'll do it tomorrow..." Antarc said before getting up, "You can join me if you want."

"Nah. I think I will just watch this time."

"Suit yourself."

Moonstone then looked at the sunrise. Today would be the last day of winter and the next would be the start of spring. It scared her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~End of Ch.3~

A/N:

Sorry if it was short. I have been busy as well as construction going on in my house and the other fan fiction I have on another website. I actually have no idea what to do with the story after Moonstone's first spring so yeah, suggestions of what you want to see would be nice. You don't have to read this or do this but I was wondering what I should name my new fancy guppies....