Prologue

"Ashleigh," my mum called as she entered the house after work.

I came down the stairs, and followed her into the kitchen, putting on the kettle and pouring her a cup of coffee. 

"Ash," she began. 

"Yes, mum?" I asked. 

"I've been relocated  again," she started. I knew by her tone that this wasn't the end of what she was trying to tell me. 

"Go on," I encouraged. 

"Well, you she dear, this time it won't just be a simple pack up and move," she continued. I really don't know where she is going with this.

"Meaning?" I pressed. I was getting annoyed now.

She took a deep breath before continuing, "I've been relocated to England."

I was actually in shock. I have moved before, a lot actually, but I've never left the country! I didn't know how to respond, so I sat there, mouth hanging open, trying to process this information. 

I knew that there was no way I'd be able to stay in America, so I gave up. 

"When do we go?" I asked, nervously. Why was I nervous? I've moved before, began a new life. I don't know why, but this time was different. The fact that I had to move halfway across the world actually scared me. 

"Next week, better start packing," she said, giving me a sympthetic look, "I'm really sorry, Ash." 

She stood from the table and left the room, leaving me with my thoughts, and that's never a good thing.