Chapter 1.

Ash's P.O.V

"You must be Ashleigh Taylor!" A short, dark haired woman said as I entered my new school. 

"Yeah," I replied. She waved me over to her little office and typed something into the computer and printed something.

"This is your timetable, it will show you what classes you have during the day," she explained. I know what a bloody timetable is. I'm not thick! I thought to myself. 

I smiled and took the timetable from her hand. "You have registration first today, dear," she told me. "Niall, could you come here a second?" she called at a blonde haired boy passing by. 

"Yes, Mrs Robinson?" he asked in the most adorable accent I have ever heard. He's Irish. Nice. 

"This is Ashleigh, she's new," no shit. "She's in your registration class, would you please take her?" 

"Alright, hey Ashleigh," he smiled at me. "I'm Niall." he said, reaching out his hand for me to shake. 

I took it, "Hey, Niall," I said, pushing a bit of my blonde hair behind my ear. 

"You're American!" he exclaimed.

"Yeah," I giggled, "and you're Irish!" 

He grinned, and motioned for me to follow him. I did so and we walked down a hallway together, until we stopped outside a classroom. 

"This is our registration, you ready to go in?" he asked. I nodded and followed him in.

As soon as we stepped through the door, all eyes were on us. Awkward. 

"Yo, Nialler. Who's the chick?" a boy shouted.

Niall looked at me, "Sorry about that," he whispered.

"It's fine," i whispered back. 

Niall walked over to the boy, and I could see his face. He didn't look happy and started saying something I couldn't hear. I walked up to the teacher and handed her a  note that the woman at the office, Mrs Robinson, gave me. 

She took the note, read it and smiled up at me. "Welcome to the school, Ashleigh. I'm Mrs Higgins, I'll be your form teacher."

"Thanks," I replied to her. 

She looked around the room, then stood up. "Excuse me class, this is Ashleigh." 

The class muttered a few 'heys' and Mrs Higgins continued, "Do I have any volunteers to help Ashleigh get settled down in the school?" 

I actually wasn't expecting anyone to volunteer, but just then, a few hands flew into the air. 

"I'll do it!" I heard the familiar Irish accent say. I smiled to myself.

"Thank you, Niall." Mrs Higgins said. Niall winked at me and I tried not to laugh. She turned back to me. "You can take that empty seat beside Niall, Ashleigh," she smiled. 

"But Mrs Higgins, Emily sits there!" the girl sitting in front of Niall exclaimed. 

"Well, when she comes back, she can sit beside Lauren. Okay?" the girl nodded, but gave me a scared look. 

Mrs Higgin's told me to take my seat and she did attendance. 

"Hey," Niall said, as I sat beside him. 

We chatted away for a while, when one of the girls in front of us turned  around. She smiled at me and then turned to Niall, "What are you doing?" she exclaimed.

"Being friendly. Look, Amber, she doesn't control me! I can talk to anybody I want," he told  her. I tried not to eavesdrop as I don't know who 'she' is, but the conversation intrigued me. 

"Well, just be careful. We can't let her get hurt," I saw out of the corner of my eye that she slightly nodded at me. Why would I get hurt? I thought. 

"Amber, don't worry, I can handle it," Niall informed her. 

 The girl, Amber, turned to me and smiled. "I'm Amber, nice to meet you," she said holding out her hand. Her accent wasn't English. I could tell that she was from Tennessee. 

I shook her hand, "Nice to meet you too," I smiled. 

"You're from America!" she exclaimed, clearly knowing my accent. 

"Yeah," I laughed. 

"I wish I was American, they're so cool," she laughed. I smiled, I liked Amber, she seemed really genuine. 

"This is Katie," she  said, nudging the girl beside her. 

Katie turned around and greeted me. "Hi," she said. 

After chatting for a bit, the bell rang signalling that it was time forr next class. 

"What class you in?" Niall asked.

I took my timetable out of my pocket and handed it to him. "Geography," he said. 

"Do you have geography as well?" I asked, sounding a bit too hopeful. 

"Nah, but my mate Zayn does, I can ask him to sit with you if you like?" 

I hesitated, but nodded. He walked me to my class, and spoke to a few of his friends while I stood behind them a bit, awkwardly. A few minutes later, he came back with another very attractive boy.

"Ash, this is Zayn. He said that you could sit beside him," they both smiled down at me, and I smiled back. 

"Well, I'd better go, don't want to be late for English again," Niall said before running off, leaving me and Zayn.

"Welcome to England, Ash," he said, and then we went into the classroom to begin the lesson. 

Maybe living here wouldn't be too bad, I thought as I sat down beside Zayn. 

*******************************************************************************************

End of chapter 1. Comment, vote, fan, and I'll love you forever:) tell me what you think <3