Chapter 2.

The next morning..

Ash's P.O.V

"Ashleigh, time to get up," my mum shouted into me. 

I groaned, shuffling about on the bed before eventually falling out and landing in a heap on the floor. I groaned again, getting to my feet and dragging my tired body to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror, and the thing staring back at me was horrible. My hair was sticking up everywhere and my eyes were black from yesterday's make up. I cringed, and began scrubbing my old make up off my face. 

When I was finally cleared of make up, I tied my hair up in a messy bun, as I was already too late to take a shower. I applied a fresh coat of make up. I just couldn't be bothered today, so I decided on simple, bog standard foundation and a little mascara. 

"Ash, are you ready? You have to go now or I will be late" mum shouted, while knocking on the door.

"Um, I'm not even dressed yet, mam," I replied.

I heard my mum sigh. "Well I have to go now, can I trust you to go to school by yourself?" 

I smirked. "Of course, mum. See you later," 

"Oh, and I won't be home until late, so you're going to have to walk home as well. Take a key and feed yourself. I'll get something tonight. Love you," she said as she started making her was down the stairs. 

"Okay, love you too," I shouted behind her. 

I made my way back to my room and began getting ready. When I had my uniform on, I made my way down stairs, and grabbed an apple. 

School was about a 20 minute walk, and it started in half an hour. Better get going, I thought. 

I grabbed my bag, slung it over my shoulders, and left the house. 

*************************************************************************************************

Niall's P.O.V

"Bye, mum," I shouted as I ran out the front door. I slammed it shut before I could hear her reply.

I usually walk to school with my girlfriend, Emily, but she was sick, so I had to walk by myself. Again. She has been sick all week, and she still hasn't told me what's wrong. She won't let me see her either for some reason, so I don't push her. 

I just reached the end of my drive way, when I saw Ashleigh crossing the road. I new we had new neighbours, I just didn't know who they were yet. I was kind of glad that it was Ashleigh, I didn't want it to be some strange, unsociable person that doesn't talk to the neighbours. At least I knew that Ashleigh was friendly. 

"Hey, Ash," I said when I caught up to her. 

I startled her, as she jumped. "Oh, hey, Niall," she laughed. 

"I didn't know you lived around here," I said, trying to spark a conversation. 

"I didn't know you lived here either." She giggled, "small world."

"You walking to school alone?" I asked.

She nodded. 

"I'll walk with you? No point us both being lonely, eh? " I said. 

She giggled, "I don't see anything wrong with that!" she said. 

We walked to school talking about random stuff. She told me a little about America, and I told her a little about Ireland. We walked and talked for a good 10 minutes before my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller I.D. Emily.