Gailthîr, I Am

When we finally exit the tunnel, I am greeted by excited chatter from a bustling marketplace. The trip was suspiciously silent, but now that we are near Lindon, I care not.

"This is the place where our people mingle. Elves, men, and dwarves. This is truly a feat barely achieved in the elder days." I murmur. "My Adar would be very pleased to see this. It is unfortunate he is incapacitated."

My eyes meet the citadel, and I look at my hosts. "I shall pay you now. I brought little but the rings; however, in my pocket there's is a small amount of gold, if you will have it."

Azanturg smiles as he accepts the currency. "That will be more than enough to reimburse our travels. Thank you Celebrimbor's daughter. Good travels, and may the times favor you well."

"And you. Farewell, my friends." I exit the cart and uncover my ears. My armory glistens in the midday light, and I hurry past stalls until I reach a man selling horses. Normally I would pay, but time is of the essence. Grabbing a mare very similar to my own, though none can compare to an elvish mount, I race away, ignoring the shout of the man whom I stole from. The citadel, with it's stark towers and pearl exterior, gleams in the midday sun, and I choose to believe it glows with hope, not in evil light.

The mare I borrowed slows as she nears the gates. Leaping from it's back, I present my family's symbol to the first set of guards, who fall back at my desperation. The second set of guards are not so easily swayed, and alas I can not blame them, wartime is around the corner.

"What is your urgency for, my lady?" A tall ellon with deep grey eyes stops me in my tracks.

"The very world is at stake, and I demand to see Aran Gil-Galad." When he doesn't move, I whip out the symbol of Celebrimbor. "I am the daughter of the silverhand, Gailthîr, favorited by the king."

"Eregion has been closed to outsiders for months." The ellon eyes my warily. "However, if you truly are the herald of such tidings, we mustn't delay. I will escort you."

"Hannon lle, Mellon nín." I sigh with relief. He leads me past dark rooms and hallways, and I see regiments of eldar in golden armor. "Is the Aran readying for war?"

"Yes. Sauron has threatened us, and unlike some, we do not forget past grievances so quickly."

I ignore the obvious jab at my father, and instead push open the imposing, white and blue throne room doors. Aran Gil-galad sits on his throne, his eyes averted at the ground.

"My king!" I announce, making him snap to attention. Last he saw me, I was a small elfling. Now I have seen more horrors than most ellon from this age. I can see he struggles to grasp who it is garnering his attention. "I bring grave news from Eregion."

"And who are you?" He questions, his eyes tired. "You cannot be Gailthîr, Celebrimbor will not leave Eregion, and she would not leave her father."

"It is me, Aran, because I would leave him, if leaving him meant I saved the whole of Arda."