Chapter 20 - [Five Months]

Blood had to walk a little faster than usual to keep up with the pace of the Destynian King, King Karuna. His long legs carried him faster than other people.

     But that didn’t bother Blood, it just took him a moment to adjust.

     “Mayor Gryre is going to need assistance then?” The King asked. Though he had an accent, he spoke Blood’s language perfectly.

     “Probably.” Blood said. “But if you send any sort of assistance than that will truly be the declaration of war between Destyn and Raffyre.

     “Yes… you’re right.” The tall man said.

     Blood watched the expression on the Destynian’s face. His pale skin and white eyes made it difficult to see expression, however, his knotted eyebrows gave away the worry he felt.

     He was half a head taller than Blood and had long silver hair that he tied back. He wore the blue robes of the Destynian people and his silver crown sat perfectly on the top of his head.

     With the expression of worry on his face, he showed his kinder and gentler side. However, Blood knew well that this King was a formidable fighter and not someone to anger.

     King Karuna sighed and stopped walking, turning around to face Fury who was walking behind the two men. “Fury, please do me the favor of informing my confidant of the news.”

     Fury bowed. “Yes, of course.”

     When she disappeared, the King looked at Blood. He stared at him for a moment before speaking. “You are wounded?”

     Blood hesitated but knew he shouldn’t be surprised. King Karuna was very observant. “How did you know?”

     “You are not walking as straight as you usually do.”

     Blood told himself again to not be surprised. It was just like King Karuna to notice a millimeter difference in Blood’s usually perfect posture.

     “Come.” King Karun said as he began walking down the halls of his bright palace. “My queen can help.”

     Blood let out a breath but nodded his head and followed him.

     They walked through the large palace that was lit solely by sunlight, making it a refreshing walk. There were windows everywhere in this palace, the walls were practically windows, making all the halls bright and all the walks lovely. The view from the castle was beautiful, after all.

     The glass of the palace was one of the primary reasons for why it was called the Crystal Palace. Another reason was because it really did look like a formation of  crystals shooting out from the ground when you saw it from a distance.

     It was quiet different from the Red Palace. Not at all as eerie and dark.

     When King Karuna knocked on the door of his wife’s chamber, Blood heard her sweet voice call them in.

     The King opened the door and they both saw her get up from her seat in front of a mirror, leaving her brush on the table.

     The lovely lady’s smile grew when she saw Blood. “Oh, my love. How long has it been?”

     Blood smiled behind his mask as he bowed low. He had come to Destyn many times for missions, but he rarely got a chance to visit the queen.

     She walked over to the young man, and hugged him tightly.

     Queen Vitara was the most beautiful woman that Blood knew.

     Her silver hair was so long that if it grew another inch it would brush against the floor and her heart shaped face was graced with her lovely smile. Unlike her husband, her skin wasn’t as pale. She came from a Destynian family that was known for having a little more pink in their skin. And that was what made her look a little more human than the rest of the Destynians. But her eyes were the same white, and they smiled as her pink lips did.