Chapter 2

Keigan's POV
I wait out in the hall to be called in. Behind the door that is directly in front of me, the entire senior national team is listening to Jill Ellis talk about me (without giving my identity away, so that it is a surprise when I walk out). It's kind of weird to hear adjectives such as incredible, impeccable, and amazing being used to describe me. I only started playing soccer 7 years ago, when I was a freshman in high school.

"And without further torturing you talking about someone you can only guess, I want you all to welcome the newest member of our national team, Keigan Clarke!" says Jill excitedly.

I guess that's my cue.

Kelley's POV
The tall blonde goalkeeper walks out bearing a slight smile, or would you call it a smirk, on her face. "I knew it!" Allie yells, walking over to hug the girl. The teammates quickly greet each other before Tobin, Kling, and Lindsey go up to give her a hug. "Awe the Thornies reuniting again after our NWSL champs!" says Kling faking wiping a tear from her eye. We all chuckle.

There's something about her that I can't quite put a finger on. The keeper is quietly greeting her teammates, while the rest of us wait to be introduced to her.

*Flashback*
I'm running up the pitch, with the ball at my feet. Now it's just me and Keigan Clarke, the star goalkeeper for the Portland Thorns FC. I take the shot, and she gets her hands on it. Fuck. Then by some miracle, it slips and goes in.

As the game ends, I go over to the blonde to shake hands. "Good game. You played really well!" I say to the NWSL rookie. "Thanks, you too." she replies quickly.

I notice that I am the only person she shook hands with. That's weird. Maybe she just isn't super into the whole shake hands after game thing? I shrug it off and continue congratulating the Thorns on their win.

*End of Flashback*

I stand up and go to introduce myself. As I walk up to Keigan, I once again feel extremely short. She is at least three inches taller than me!

Keigan's POV
After saying hello and seeing my Thorns teammates again, many of the women from the rest of the team get up to talk to me. I immediately notice Kelley O'Hara, in all her glory. She is one of the few people who have actually been able to score on me.

Everyone on the team is really welcoming. The meeting goes by quickly, and we get our roommate. I'm paired up with Lindsey Horan, who thankfully is one of my Thorns teammates.