The Truth (2)

Previous word count: 127
New word count: 499
"Please, let me go, or at least feed me," I'm sick of this. I haven't eaten in almost two days, and was given a single water bottle yesterday. How he expects me to survive I have no idea. I was given an old mattress to sleep on, and a small single blanket and pillow.

He comes and gives me a glass of water, and gives the same response as normal, a shrug. I slowly dipped the water, not knowing how long it would be until the next one.
"What is your name, anyway" I asked, not expecting a response.
"Joshua, why?" He replied after a few seconds.
"Why am I here?" I was confused and no matter who I asked, they would look me in the eye and walk away. "Don't I at least deserve to know that much?"
"Your father hasn't paid." He replied, blunt as ever.
"Paid? What would my father ever buy off you? And why would he need to?" I asked, half afraid of what the answer would be.
"Guns"
"Why would my father need guns of all things?"
" You didn't know?" He asked
"K-know what?" I was even more afraid, my family never hid anything from me, although they did always seem to be at work, especially my brother and father. I
" Your father is in a gang, and we are at war, but now I have you, I'm hoping that they will pay up, and maybe give me some extra cash"
I didn't even ask what would happen if he didn't, I didn't believe that they would kill me, but I've heard stories and hoped that if they could pay, that I wouldn't be forced into anything. I tried to no think of that and start a new conversation, but he walked away, not sparing a second glance.

"Hey, ummm, can I go to the toilet. I'm getting kinda desperate now" they let me go every few hours, but having no food and water made me not want to go too often and it was on the third floor so I had no chance of escape.

Walking through the house, I tried to see if there was someone who could help me, but everyone that I saw would take one look at me and walk as far away as they could. The bathroom was big, almost twice as big as my one at home, but felt nowhere near as nice. I took a quick shower, although the hot tap didn't seem to work and there were only men's shower products. I rinsed my hair and quickly went to the toilet before drying and getting into the same dirty clothes. I was walked back to my 'room' and sat down, waiting for someone to come and talk to me.

Thank you for staying this long. If you see any mistakes feel free to point them out. Please vote, comment and stay for the next chapter x