vii. encounter

CHAPTER SEVEN
(encounter)

❝ Life is too precious to be wasted. ❞

— ANON               

Jung Yerin

Fluorescent lights were what greeted her in the morning, squinting her eyes at the sudden brightness of the light filling the whole room. Cursing quietly, she rose up from her bed leaning at the headboard of the bed analyzing her surrounding as her sleep got disturbed by voices giggling and talking with each other that she assumes as a female.

"Eunha?" she asked, forehead knitted and confusion evident to her eyes at the sight of her friend sitting at the table with her younger brother that she just noticed awake, feeding him with foods she doesn't know where it came.

The girl smiled at her, showing her the bunny teeth she is proud of.

"Surprise?" she chuckled awkwardly looking at her just awoken friend. Her brother greeted her a 'good morning' that she just ignored.

She got off her bed, wearing the slippers she rarely wears at home before she grabbed a cup of water to drink. Glancing to her dwarf friend who is now smiling brightly at her brother, she let out a sigh not being able to bear the situation happening infront of her. She's never been that affectionate towards her brother, she doesn't even bother feeding him but now Eunha is the one doing her supposed to be older sister role.

Before, it was her friend Sojung but now it changed into her newly friend she is not even close with Eunha.

She joined them at the table, swiftly grabbing one of the cookies placed neatly in a small plate. Eunha just watched her friend eat the cookies, anticipating for her opinion about how it taste.

"Where did you buy this?" she asked, grabbing another one to put in her mouth satisfied with how delicious it is for a simple cookies.

The corner of Eunha's mouth quirked up, satisfied with just one question. It just means that her newly found friend liked the cookie she tried to perfectly bake during the night to bring it to her as a token for their blooming friendship.

"I baked it." she proudly said to her earning a shocked expression from Yerin, she didn't expect Eunha can bake.

"Are you serious?" the younger laughed and nodded afterwards. She still can't believe she actually baked the cookies, she tasted it again and even offering one to her brother that she didn't expect to do asking for his opinion regarding it. Both of them were watching Chanhee move his mouth as he eats the cookies, both waiting for his response.

"Delicious!" the youngest exclaimed, sending up two thumbs up in the air smiling cheekily at his noona.

She turned around to Eunha, tilting her head unable to believe the truth. The bob haired girl fumbled through her things, taking out her phone. She showed her an evidence of her making it on the process.

"Believe me now? Luckily, I took a video. I posted this on Instagram to show it to my fans."

Yerin just nodded.

"How did you get inside?"

"Your brother opened the door for me. I was surprised he woke up before you and since it's morning I fed him the foods I bought."