Chapter 15

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to FeastOfNoise because it's her birthday present from me! I apologize for it taking this long. Happy (very) belated birthday! :D

I would also like to apologize for yet another two month hiatus. I think I have this story back on track now though, so look forward to lots of updates. ;) Enjoy!

---------------

I woke up and snuggled deeper into the warm chest my face was pressed against. My hand could feel a heart beat. My eyelids glowed dimly with light, but the sound of slow, steady breathing tried to lull me back to sleep.

I heard the cock of a gun. My eyes shot open.

"Who the hell are you?"

---------------

All of my sleepiness was shed instantly as my body tensed. At the same time, my eyes sprang open. I slowly tilted my head up and saw Aidan's green eyes staring down at me.

"I said who the hell are you?" the voice hissed dangerously. Even though her voice was laced with venom, I would recognize it anywhere.

"Ren?" I asked, praying that my memory wasn't failing me.

"No way," I heard her mutter. "Look at me. Right now."

I cautiously pushed myself up into a sitting position. The girl standing in front of me had straight, cropped brown hair. Her pale pink mouth was drawn into an "o" as the eyes that were identical to mine stared straight at me.

"It really is you!" she screeched, dropping the gun and launching herself at me. I spread my arms wide to catch her as a grin broke out across my face.

We fell back onto the bed, her arms like a pair of boa constrictors around me.

After just holding each other for a while, I heard a cough. "I assume you're Ranae, then?" Aidan asked.

Ren shot up to get a proper look at him. "Please, call me Ren," she said, extending her hand to him.

"I'm Aidan," he offered, shaking her hand.

"You're pretty cute," Ren stated, cocking her head at him.

"Thank you," Aidan said, looking rather taken aback.

"I approve," she said, looking back at me. "Cute and polite. Is he good in bed, too?"

"Ren!" My face flushed scarlet.

"I'll take that as a yes," she said with a smirk.

"What! No! I mean... It's not... We're not... Like that," I denied while avoiding looking at Aidan. I shot Ren a glare. She just winked at me. As much as I loved her, Ren was a little bit on the wild side.

"You'll meet her boyfriend soon enough, I expect," said Aidan, looking away.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I denied pathetically, turning an even deeper shade of red.

"Does that mean I can have this one?" Ren asked, batting her eyelashes at Aidan.

"No!" I exclaimed. Both of them turned to look at me. "I mean... Ren, you're only 15."

"Age is just a number," she joked. I rolled my eyes. She's a huge flirt, and yet she's very prim and proper. Any guy who tried to touch her without permission probably find himself missing his hand.

I decided to change the topic. "What are we going to do about Dee and James?" I asked Aidan.

"What do you mean?" Ren questioned.