7 = well god, everyone parties

SUNDAY, AUGUST 2nd, 1987

brandy's point of view

bon jovi's "livin' on a prayer" playing quietly on the staticky radio woke me from a deep sleep. i sat up from being snuggled up on the passengers seat.

"morning, sleepy head." jason looked at me.

"we fell asleep in your car parked in my driveway?" i asked, squinting as the sun was bright in my eyes.

"you fell asleep on the ride home and i didn't wanna frisk you for your key so i just opened the windows, turned the car off,  and went to sleep too."

i smiled, "thanks .. for not frisking me."

he smiled back, "do you maybe wanna hit the mall? do a little shopping? i hear it's the best recovery for a night out full of vomiting."

i rolled my eyes and laughed a bit, "yeah, sure. but i think we should change before we go. don't wanna walk the walk of shame." i got out of his car and he followed me inside.

"you can help yourself if you're hungry or thirsty." i said before heading up to my room.

i took a look at myself in the mirror. my makeup was a bit smeared from sleeping in it so i washed it all off and then applied mascara. i brushed my teeth, doused myself in perfume and then went over to my closet.

i changed into a calvin klein denim jacket with a white tank top under neath, paired with denim shorts and red converse star techs.

i was in the midst of putting my hair up when i heard a piercing female scream come from downstairs. i tied the scrunchie around my bun and grabbed a pair of aviators before running downstairs.

jason was startled in the corner of my kitchen with the mess of a muffin in his mouth. i looked to the hallway before the kitchen and there stood a woman who was most likely in her 30s with short, light brown hair. she wore messily packed on blue eyeshadow to barely compliment her short purple dress and black heels.

must be my aunt maggie.

"oh, brandy!" she over exaggerated a sigh and came over to hug me. "i walked in and thought there was a random man in our house eating all our food!"

i stared at jason with wide eyes as she still held me in her arms.

"no it's okay, he's my friend. he starred in the lost boys with me." i awkwardly patted her back to get her to stop embracing me.

"well i suppose that makes sense since he's wearing a nice suit." she said, taking a seat on the bar stools.

jason had finished his muffin and cleaned the crumbs off of him. i leaned my elbows on the island.

"so, how was your trip? where exactly did you go again?" i asked, trying to act as if she's been gone so much that i couldn't keep track on where she goes all the time. which is most likely true anyway.

"well, darling, i went to las vegas and got lost there for days!" she laughed a little, "the drugs and alcohol there are intense! i woke up on a mattress in the stairway of an apartment building!"

jason and i looked at each other with concerned eyes, "wow, aunt maggie, that's ... scary."

"it was alarming at first sure, but ... you get used to it." she said, zoning out the window.

i cleared my throat, "do you know if we still have any of dad's old clothes? something nice for jason to change into so we can head to the mall?"

"you kept some shirts, honey, don't you remember? i think they're in your drawers." she said.

"oh yeah. uh, come with me." i told him slowly while looking at my aunt. she was clearly still intoxicated and she was falling asleep sitting up.

"geez, your aunt really knows how to have fun." jason said once we made it up to my room, but it came out almost as a question.

"if that's what you wanna call it, sure." i sighed, opening all my drawers until i found one that had what looked to be men's shirts in it.

i held one up, a blue lacoste polo ... too preppy for jason. i then held up a black short sleeve tommy hilfiger.

"i like that." he looked at it in awe.

"here ya go." i stood up, smiling.

"are you sure? i don't wanna overstep. especially with your dad's old shirts."

"no, really. i think you'd look really good in it." i held it up to his chest and smiled up at him.

"thank you." he smiled and then began to unbutton his shirt. i sat on my bed, trying not to stare at his body while he undressed.

"where'd you get the muffin that you were eating downstairs?" i asked.

"it was wrapped up with a few others on your counter?" he laughed a little.

"oh, i don't know when those were made..."

"you think i'm gonna get food poisoning from a two week old muffin?" he teased with wide eyes as if he was nervous for his health.

i let out a small laugh and shrugged, "i don't know, maybe."

"dress pants and shoes with a tommy shirt. definitely something you don't see everyday." he stated whilst looking in the mirror at his outfit.

"you can pull it off." i said and then opened my bedroom door.

aunt maggie was knocked out on the kitchen island. she was even snoring.

"will she be okay if we leave her?" jason asked.

i scrunched up my face as i looked at her, "i think she'll be fine."

"you don't think she's going to overdose and then die, do you?" jason was really nervous about leaving my aunt in such an intoxicated state.

"well, i mean, i hope she doesn't pull a river phoenix." i walked over to her and inspected her breathing. it seemed normal, just a bit slower because she was asleep.

"river phoenix?" jason almost screamed, "what happened?"

i looked at him and felt the blood rush to my face.
fuck. river phoenix is still alive in 1987.

"n-no! no. he's .. fine. i'm just saying he seems to be the one who could ode." i tried to laugh it off even though what i was saying was absolutely horrible, "you know, the way he parties?"

"well god, brandy, everyone parties."

"i know, bad reference. i think she's fine. let's go?" i asked and he nodded unsurely.

__

i hope this book is enjoyable and easy to understand. we haven't even gotten to the c r a z y twisted parts yet but they will come. don't worry ;)

don't forget to vote or comment !