Flashing Back

Whitmore Cell- 1953

I was sitting at the bars, talking to my brother who was kind of next to me. His cell was two away from me, an empty one in the middle. "Look, Enzo, you're the one who told Maggie to leave and forget about you. Or whatever you said. I couldn't really hear over the sounds of my own screams," I said sarcastically, trying to stick my face out of the cell to see him.

"Yes, I know. I know I compelled her and such, Daniella, but that doesn't mean I actually wanted her to abandon me. I did it because I thought that'd be best. You would not understand," he shrugged, his British accent echoing through the walls.

I rolled my eyes, blowing my greasy, dirty brown hair out of my face. "Sorry I've kind of been trapped in this cell for five years, and I haven't gotten to experience love yet. I don't need to be a first-hand expert at love to know that you shouldn't be upset over something that you did. You told her to go away! It's like, letting an untrained puppy outside and then being upset when it runs away and gets hit by a car or something." That made my brother chuckle, and he was about to reply before I held up a finger, narrowing my eyebrows as I tried to concentrate. The lack of blood really screwed with my super-senses. "Do you hear that?"

Almost simultaneously, a voice was heard. Kind of deep, but you could definitely hear the cockiness and sarcasm. "Sorry I killed one of your little buddies. He was extra tasty. O negative is my favorite." I could practically hear the smirk. The rock door opened after a few latches were unlocked and a new vampire was thrown in, the cell automatically locked and the man who brought him in stormed out and locked the door. I couldn't help my curiosity when I crawled across my cell and out my face into the small little window-like opening with bars across it.

Enzo scoffed. "Ugh, newbie."

I examined the man's face. It was angelic. Piercing blue eyes, hard jaw, strong nose, moist lips. His hair was black and messy, and he was wearing a leather jacket with a black shirt and jeans. He was the epitome of hot. He looked over at me, and shot me a mouth-dropping smirk, crystal blue eyes skimming over my face. "The name's Damon."

"Daniella."

"Nellie it is."

I shot up in my bed, my breaths heavy and panicked. I hated those dreams, I really did. I blinked quickly to try and get them away, but it didn't work. I looked towards the clock. 8:26 PM. Fuck, I didn't want to be too late for Damon. I needed to go before he changed his mind. I got up and brushed my hair, putting it up into a long ponytail. I jogged downstairs and kissed Klaus on the cheek. "I'm going to Damon's. Please stay here? Please?" I said, turning his face to kiss him on the lips before running out.

About ten minutes later, I arrived at Damon's house, pulling my sweatshirt sleeve over my hand before knocking. He came out in a tight black shirt, pants, and shoes, and I'm surprised by how much the dark clothing brings out his gorgeous eyes. Wow. "I did a little rescuing while you were so kindly making me wait. My girlfriend was kind of trapped in there being tortured to death as well, so I really had no choice. Maybe you should tell him to say thanks when you talk to him."

Girlfriend? Damn it. That must be the Elena girl that Klaus was talking about with Stefan earlier. The one that might have the blood he needs. And the reason Stefan said she hadn't been around for a few days was because she was trapped in the Augustine.. Oh my God. "Enzo was in there all those years?" I asked quietly, my voice shaking. My nerve to stake Damon right through the heart was tearing through my skin, but I held back. "Where is he?"

Almost simultaneously, Enzo came out, Stefan holding his arms behind his back so he wouldn't attack Damon. He looked crazed, his eyes full with lust for killing. With revenge, just like we planned all of those years. But when his eyes fell upon me, that lust for revenge look in his eyes disappeared, and he looked me over. "Daniella?"

I bit my lip to keep from crying, running up and jumping on him. "Oh my God, Enzo," I whispered, kissing his cheek and wrapping my arms tightly around his neck. I never thought I would see him again, I never thought..

And then I smelled a different scent, making me pull away in confusion. There stood a girl, long wavy hair, face matted with dirt and tears. Elena, no doubt. I suddenly had all the sympathy for her, because I knew what it was like. But then it faded, because she was in there for a few days, I was in there for many years. Damon didn't abandon her, he went back for her. Anger bubbled inside of me, and I pushed Enzo away, staring at the frightened brunette.

"Nellie, this is Elena."

I wanted her dead. Gone. It wasn't any fair that Damon went back to the place he dreaded most for her. It wasn't any fair that he turned his humanity back on for her. He left Enzo and her in there to die, and he risked everything to go back and save this one girl. Enzo was only a convenience, he wouldn't have saved him if he didn't see him. This was terrible, I hated it. I hated the way she looked all innocent and I hated the way that Damon was wrapping his arms around her and rubbing her head and stroking her hair all comfortingly. I hated the way she looked at me like a companion, like nothing was even wrong. I hated her.

Maybe it was Klaus' actions rubbing off on me, or maybe I just had my own rock hard exterior deep down from my past experiences. But all I could imagine was ripping her throat out and making Damon suffer the way Enzo and I did. Ripping out her heart and squeezing the blood from it, watching it drip to the ground. He needed to suffer for what he did, and I was totally going to make that happen.