Blanket Fort || Judd Henkes

Judd Henkes the professional snowboarder, or more like my boyfriend was a boy of many talents. He may be a talented shredder, but he was most definitely just as good with blanket forts. Let's just say neither of us should've been left alone in his house. As Judd said when I asked him about ruining the house, "It's not our issue anymore, my mom should know better than to leave a teenage boy at home, while she goes to the mall with Lily".

So here we are now raiding every room of blankets and pillows to construct a fort in his bedroom. After grabbing all of the blankets we brought them to home base, also known as Judds room. We began constructing it right away, and it was starting to look sick. Luckily to help time fly by I suggested listening to music, so we had my playlist blasting through his bluetooth speaker. Judd was acting like an architect, every blanket had to have a specific place and couldn't be too heavy on the structure. In other words, Justus Henkes was a perfectionist.

When he finally deemed the structure up to his quality standard, he put the extra blankets inside along with his pillows, while I grabbed his laptop to watch videos on. As we both started to get comfy in the fort we realized we were missing something, snacks and drinks. It wasn't a hard decision to pick out what we wanted, after all we grabbed candy along with redbull from his sponsor. Climbing back up to his room we carefully got into the fort and comfortable. "Hey, what are we going to watch?" I asked him while booting up his computer. "How about an X-Games rerun?" he asked me hopefully. For me the answer was obvious, "This is why we are dating" I told him smiling and searching for the stream replay on youtube. He got comfortable on his back with a blanket behind his head and a blanket on top of him. After I got the stream up, I laid down on my back too, with another pillow and shared his blanket. I ever so carefully set the computer on my stomach and angled it so it became easier for us to look at. Judd fixed his arm and pulled me in closer to his side, and kissed my cheek. One thing both of us have in common is when we blush, we turn red like a tomato. Slowly my cheeks became that red, which caused Judd to giggle at me. "Stop it Judd, it's not funny." I whined at him, hoping he would stop staring at me. "I can't, you're just so beautiful inside and out.". Looking into his dark brown orbs, I knew he meant it. We turned our focus back to the computer, and continued to listen to the casual commentary coming through the computer speaker.

After awhile the stream was over and we moved on to do something else, and let the computer charge. Judd and I just laid cuddling each other, occasionally talking. "Hey J, why did the kid drop his ice cream?" I asked him quietly without trying to burst out laughing. "Not a clue" he said with a smile appearing on his face. "because he got hit by a bus" I hurriedly finish saying then burst out laughing. He starts to let out a light chuckle and begins to sit up, still keeping me in his embrace. "Let's draw, I want to make you a pretty picture baby." he says while getting up to get paper and markers. I sit up in a better position so I can draw, well so I can draw him. He knows I am a good artist, but not as good as I actually am. Quickly he returns with some art supplies, "I had no clue what stuff to grab, so anything that said crayola I brought up here." he said slightly out of breath. I began to pull out a black marker and then worked my way at drawing Judd.

I completed my drawing and was ready to show him, and he just about seemed done with his piece too. "I now present you, a drawing of yourself, the truly iconic Justus Henkes." I said while turning it to show him. His whole face changed and his jaw dropped, he pulled me in a tight hug. "You're so talented, god when all the boys see this they will be jealous that you are mine and not theirs." he said, sounding like the proudest boyfriend in the world. "Although mine can't nearly top what you did." He said still flabbergasted. He turned it to show me, and it was a drawing he made of us, and what he thought we would look like together ten years from now. I pulled out my iphone from my pocket and made him hold up his drawing so I could take a picture of my little artist. Our little art saga came to a close, and we cleaned up the art supplies and moved them to the side.

Judd decided he was in dire need of some cuddles, so I obviously delivered them to him. He held me close to his chest and laid down piled under all the blankets in the fort. Being in his embrace like this was the best feeling in the world. He moved his hand up and down my back, while I played with his curly blonde locks due to all the sun exposure he's been dealing with lately. I don't remember much after this, and fell into a nice peaceful sleep with my boy.

Unfortunately that was short lived, and Judd and I were woken abruptly by his sister Lily. She came barging in after finally finding us, and took pictures of us sleeping.  I didn't originally wake up from her entering the room, I woke up due to her yells of excitement. "Mom! Come look at this, Juddy and y/n look so adorable!" Lily yelled down the stairs to her mom in a hurry.  I buried my head deeper into his chest and inhaled his cologne. While waiting for her mom to come up the stair Lily took this as an opportunity to take pictures of us, "Lily, please leave us alone I just want to cuddle her. Is that too much to ask for?" Judd said in his raspy morning voice while pulling me in even tighter to him. "Fine, but these are so going on instagram." Lily told Judd while walking out of his room. She peered her head back in for a moment, "Oh, and I want my blankets back later, when you are done with your fort." she stated matter of factly. I felt Judd just shake his head, mutter under his breath. "Oh god, she is something else." I couldn't help but let out a small giggle at him. Surely Lily wasn't lying, since I felt my phone vibrate which I could only assume was a notification that I was tagged in a post. It wasn't until later when I checked, that I was correct and all of his friends were commenting on the post mentioning how adorable we were.