Chapter 3

A/N: I do NOT own the song used in this chapter; My Immortal by Evanescence.

enjoy

A year and a half later. Christmas Eve day.

Maddie and Jack Fenton were down in their lab, improving and upgrading their ghost hunting equipment. They hadn't had the heart to build new weapons over the past year and a half.

All of a sudden the red warning light above the Fenton Portal started flashing and a siren going off letting the two know that the portal was in use. The two caution painted doors open to reveal a swirling bright green vortex. A ghost wrapped in a black hooded cloak with a white gear on it left shoulder floated through with its hood up, only allowing to see some of its white hair.

Maddie and Jack quickly grabbed an Ecto-gun each that was lying on a nearby bench and raised the guns at the ghost.

The ghost raised a white-gloved hand slowly, as to not scare the two adults in the room and slowly lowered its hood.

Maddie and Jack gasped in shock and lowered their guns, for right there in front of them was the white-haired and green-eyed ghost form that was their son. The ghost landed with a light 'thud'.

They practically threw the guns to the side as they ran over to him and gave him the biggest hug they could possibly give him but it still didn't seem big enough, with tears rolling down their cheek and the ghost accepted their hug.

"Danny your back." Maddie managed to get out.

Danny chuckled, tears also running down his cheeks. "Yeah."

Maddie and Jack pulled away.

"Danny Boy..." His father started.

"Your voice, its..." Maddie continued.

"Deepened? I know." Danny finished.

Now that they were a step back from their son, Maddie and Jack took this opportunity to take a look at their son now that he wasn't wrapped in the cloak he was wearing. Not only was his voice deeper but he had also filled out around the chest and abdomen, his tightly fitting black and white hazmat suit showing off his slight six-pack. His arms had also gained some muscles. His jaw line was broader, he had a small ponytail at the back of his head and he was just as tall as Maddie, if not, taller.

"Looks like I can't call you 'Danny Boy' anymore." Said Jack.

"My baby's all grown up." Said Maddie.

"I'm not eighteen yet. I still have another year and a half." Danny chuckled but then his face became sad. Just then ClockWork came through the portal, smiling warmly at his Apprentice and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Some of which I might not be able to spend with you guys," Danny added sadly.

"What do you mean hun?" asked Maddie.

Danny sighed changing back to Fenton. Now wearing a black T-shirt and dark blue jeans. "Perhaps we should go to the lounge room." With that said, Danny walked past his parents and up to the lounge room with ClockWork, Maddie and Jack right behind him. As he walked, he noted that everything still looked the same as he left a year and a half ago but still seemed different. Danny sat down in one of the couches, ClockWork floating beside him, and Maddie and Jack sat down on the couch opposite their son.

Just then Jazz came downstairs, she paused at the bottom and looked in the lounge room and saw her little brother sitting there with his ghost guardian and master floating off to the side.

"DANNY!" Jazz yelled as she ran up to her brother and gave him the biggest hug she could, he returning it just as strong.

"It's good to see you too Jazz," Danny said happily. Jazz pulled away and gave Danny a quick kiss on the top of his head.