2. Morning

I wake up to the sound of my dad yelling at me. "BETH GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" He yells. I open my eyes and get up. "BETH GET UP OR I'LL COME AT YOU!" I put on a shirt and go downstairs. My dad's is the kitchen. He's holding a bottle of Jack Daniels.

"What took you so fucking long!?" He yells when he notices me. "I just woke up, you prick." His eyes fill with anger. "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!" I give a bold answer, which probably isn't the smartest move of today, "I called you a prick, it was hard to choose between prick and dickhead, but you already know that you look like a walking dick."

My dad throws his bottle towards me. The bottle hits the wall about a meter away from me. I look at him in shock, which is another mistake. "Ahw you're scared sweetheart?! Are you scared yet?! Feel that fucking fear you bitch!" He yells.

He's a fricking sociopath. I turn around and start walking. My dad follows me and grabs my shoulder. He turns me around and starts yelling again. I can't really hear what he's saying, he's drunk as hell.

"DO YOU FUCKING HEAR ME?!" I don't respond. I just look into his eyes. Then he hits me. He keeps hitting me. He punches me in my stomach and I start to run. I quickly run to my room and lock the door.

I look into the mirror. My left cheek is definitely gonna be bruised. A little bit of blood drips from the corner of my mouth. I quickly wash it away and start applying make-up. I get an outfit that covers most of my body.

I slowly unlock the door and check if my dad's around. He isn't. I get my backpack and go downstairs. I get my shoes and leather jacket and lock the front door behind me. The school bus is here.

I greet the driver and try to find an empty spot. I see Ashley and walk over to him. He takes his backpack from the seat next to him and smiles. "What are you doing on the bus Ash? Is your motorcycle broken again?" I sit down next to him. "No but I wanted to go by bus today, I kept this seat empty for you." I smile at him. "That's sweet, thanks."

Ashley takes a closer look at my face. "Please tell me that he didn't...." I look down. "He did... I was late this morning and I accidentally called him a prick." "How do you accidentally.... never mind. Please be more careful or move out. You can stay at my place for a while." "That's very nice but I can't, I have to take care of him and the dog." "You can take Boris with you and your dad will be nothing but a story once you're out."

I want to move out, but I also don't really want to. One of my best friends, Oliver, visits me often at my house. He's a demon, how do you explain that to people without ending up in a mental hospital?

Ashley noticed that I didn't know what to say. "Hey Beth, it's okay. Do you maybe want to hang out at my place tonight? We can jam or watch a movie, just distraction. You won't have to be at home." I smiled at him. "Thanks Ash, I'll be there."

Yeah next chapter will be better. Thanks for reading.