7. Ashley's Apartment

*Time skip till the end of the day*

Beth's P.O.V.
I went home after school but my dad wasn't home. He was out with friends. They're all downstairs now. They're drunk and playing a card game.

I put my shoes on and get my bag. I walk downstairs quietly, hoping that my dad doesn't notice me. I get my keys off the counter and walk to the hallway. I hear laughter coming from the living room. I quickly get my jacket and turn around.

Suddenly my dad is standing in front of me. He's holding a bottle of Jack Daniels and his breath smells like alcohol. "Where do you think that you're going?" He steps closer. "I'm going to a friend. I wanted to tell you but you weren't home." He steps closer again, his face too close to my face right now, "Why don't you stay with us tonight, Beth?". He shows a nasty smile. "I'm not staying with you. You're drunk as fuck." His smile fades, "Don't talk to me like that!" He pushes me up against the front door, "Let me go!" "Don't talk to your father like that, lady." He presses a kiss on my forehead. "Let me go you drunk ass bitch!" I see anger in his eyes. He raises his fist, ready to hit. I dodge him and quickly open the door. I sneak out of grip and run out of the house. I slam the door and lock it before I run out of the neighborhood.

I walk towards an apartment building. I scan the buttons on the wall. I'm looking for apartment 66b. I remember that he moved out of his apartment to get that apartment. He turned the 'b' into another 6 with a permanent marker. I smile as the scene plays in my head again. I find the bell and I press on it.

I hear Ashley's voice, "Good evening madame, do you have an appointment? If not please make one and come back later."
I roll my eyes and smile, "Let me in idiot, I'm freezing out here."
I hear Ashley grin, "Or I could leave you standing for a while."
"You know that I will hunt your ass down tomorrow if you do so."
"Hm, you've got a point. But what if I'm absent?"
"The only reason why you'd be absent is because I know where you live and I was quicker than you."
Ashley chuckles, "Touché." He hangs up and the door starts buzzing. I walk into the building and go to his apartment. It's on the third floor.

I see his apartment, it says 'Mr. A. A. S. Purdy.'. I chuckle at the sign and knock on the door. Ashley opens it, "Good evening madame." He smiles and let's me in. I walk through a little hallway, into the living room and look around. He moved some of his stuff. His black couch is standing in front of his huge TV. I see a PlayStation 4 and a lot of games and movies standing next to the TV. There is a kitchen to on the left side and the dining table stands near the window. There is so much space in his living room right now. There are four more doors in the hallway of his apartment.

"You like it?", Ashley asks as he jumps on the couch from quite a distance. His face disappears into a fluffy white pillow and he sighs. "I like it. There is so much space!", I keep looking around. Ashley sits up, "I can give you a tour." I look at him and smile, "If you want to." Ashley gets up and starts talking already.

"So this is the living room but you've noticed that. Here's the kitchen. It's not very special or anything except for this." He takes his phone out of his pocket and talks. "A sandwich." He walks over to me and turns my head around. I'm looking at some kind of screen. It says 'SANDWICH' and there are all kinds of sandwiches on the screen.

Ashley smiles, "Cool huh?" I look at him and my expression said enough. "I don't really know how to cook and I told a friend of mine that I really needed some recipes. He's quite a nerd so he told me that he could design a kitchen gadget for me that would make everything easier. I let him and now I have a big screen that shows a hell lot of recipes. It shows all the ingredients and there are also stores where I can buy the ingredients on there. And when I don't want to read, I can make it read out loud. I just click on 'Tell me' on my phone. He designed an app as well."