chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen

I groaned and turned to the other side, draping my arm all over the hard wood beside me. My eyes were shut closed when I patted on the warm thing beside me. From what I remember, I was actually alone on my bed and there was no wood or some hot bag on my side.

I moved my hand up and I could feel breathing against my palm. The thing was breathing slowly up and down as my palm rested against it.

I slowly opened my eyes lazily. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw a silhouette of a half-naked person beside me. My first instinct was to scream and scream I did.

I pushed Allen out of the bed and he fell on the floor with a loud thud. He groaned in pain and immediately sat up from the floor scratching the back of his neck sleepily. He scowled at me when his eyes landed on me. "What the fuck! I never thought you're so messed up in your sleep," he groaned, supporting his weight on my bed as he stood up.

I immediately grabbed the blanket and pulled it against my chest. "What are you doing on my bed, and what happened last night? I don't remember allowing you to sleep beside me."

He rolled his eyes at me and flopped himself face first on the bed. He lay on his stomach and turned his head to my direction. "Just ask those questions when I wake up," he said before dozing off.

I poked him on the side continuously. "You're already awake so just tell me what happened," I demanded.

He buried his face against the pillow. "It's only three in the morning, no one wakes up that early," he said in a muffled voice.

I turned towards the window to notice that the sky was still dark. It only looked bright because the light beside me was turned on. Heather groaned in her sleep and tossed around.

Paul was sleeping soundly on his bed beside Allen's bed. They were supposed to sleep together, so why did he end up sleeping on my bed. Besides, it was a single bed, so his body was sticked to mine and I could feel the warmth of his skin against me.

I scooted away from him a little and laid on my back. I sighed when in stared up to the ceiling. I continued to stare up to the dark wall as the time passes by.

Something suddenly wrapped itself around my waist and I flinched at the sudden contact. Allen inched closer to me and pulled me closer to him. His chin rested against my head and I could feel his chest weaving up and down against my arm.

How would I be able to sleep this way?

I wiggled on his arms but he didn't let go. He muttered something under his breathe and pulled me closer. My arm was pressed against his chest completely that I could smell his vanilla scent.

The smell that I smelt when first met him. It's actually unbelievable that we met three months ago.

I tried wiggling out of his arms but it just seems to impossible. I huffed in defeat and decided to just stay put and inch away from him as far as I can. I closed my eyes trying to get back to my dream land but it was just too impossible.

His breathe was blowing against my neck and he was too close. I was never this close with guys, especially when in the bed, well, aside for Henry that is. But that's a huge difference since Henry is like my brother and Allen is someone...well, another story.

You have mutual feelings, idiot.

I rolled my eyes at the voice. I shut my eyes closed and started counting sheep. It's really childish, but it really helps me in sleeping.

Before I knew it, unconsciousness took over me.

- Allen -

I raised myself to my elbow and stared at the sleeping Schuyler beside me. I believe she actually pushed me off the bed a few hours ago, but now she was clinging to me. She mumbled in her sleep and I just couldn't help but think at how cute she actually was.