chapter twenty one

chapter twenty one (Allen)

My surrounding was starting to get all warm and hot. I unbuttoned the top two buttons of my polo. I slammed my fist against the wooden table. Someone sighed beside me, I knew it was Paul, but I just ignored him.

I knew that he was going to scold me later for drinking alcohol, but I was not in the mood to actually worry about that now. I don't know why I was so pissed with Schuyler being with Kaito. I didn't even know what they were actually doing right now. We were not even together so what in my right mind do I have the right to actually tell her not to spend her time with him?

"How many cups have you drank?" Paul asked with a sigh. Since the moment I downed my first cup, he has been beside me without even looking away.

I felt bad for taking his time with watching over me when he could actually go and party out himself.

I raised four fingers to him giddily, then five, then my other hand to sign to him that is drank six cups. He sighed once more and shook his head at me. "How drunk are you?" he asked, then shook his head once more. "No, you probably won't understand me in that state. What's one plus one?"

"Eleven?" I replied in a questioning manner. "No no no, five?"

"Are you being serious?" he added, giving me a straight face.

"Of course not," I chuckled. "How can I not know what one plus one is? It's two." I said, raising two fingers to his face.

I grabbed the next cup and moved my wrist in a circular motion, stirring the white liquid around. I downed it once more all at once. My throat burned with sensation.

Paul grabbed my wrist before I could even reach for the next one. "You're not drinking any more than that," he said in a scolding voice. He sat on the stool beside me and pulled out his phone.

"You are not telling anybody about this," I hissed at him.

He raised his hands to his side in defeat. "I won't, jeez. I just checked the time."

I rolled my eyes at him. I leaned my head against the wooden table and bumped if a few times. "You'll turn stupid if you do that," Paul warned, amused at what I was actually doing.

I groaned inwardly and sat back up. I turned to Paul and stared at him for a few seconds. "I know, and I'm already stupid enough to let myself get drunk just because of a girl being with my brother and she's not even my fucking girlfriend."

"Schuyler?" he asked.

Bingo.

I stayed silent. Paul sighed and drank the alcohol from the red cup I was holding a while ago. Wow you actually told me to stop drinking and here you are. "Maybe if you just tell her how you really feel then things wouldn't be like this anymore."

"I already did, Sherlock." I countered. "She just won't believe me."

"Tell her about the dare then!"

"Then what? Make her hate me more?" I growled. I knew I shouldn't be taking my anger out on him.

He shrugged at me. "Make her believe in you," he stated.

I chuckled heartily. "Where did you get all this shit, you're turning into a love doctor now. Don't tell me. Have you fallen in love?"

Paul continued on denying the fact that he actually fell for someone. Deep inside, I knew he has fallen for this girl and I know that she will also love Paul no matter what.

I took this time to sneak my cup back. I glanced to the kid standing behind and bar and gestured for him to get another cup and fill up mine. The kid scrambled on his feet in a hurry like I was going to eat him alive if he doesn't bring it within the second. I chuckled and pushed Paul the other cup.