Chapter Four: The First Deduction

Ali was not sure what to say to Sherlock.

Ali was smart but never had she met someone this intelligent or it seemed arrogant.

She stared at Sherlock with a dumbstruck expression.Searching his eyes for answers.

"You studied Physics and Chemistry in University In Manchester and just graduated top of your class.You moving to London to find to ecape the trauma of your parents death.Obviously you are not close to your extended family.You suffer from Insomnia and often don't eat although you're not anorexic.You frequently people watch. Hmmm you're  bi sexual but you've never admitted it to anyone."Sherlock said quickly in his baritone voice,sounding a little bored.

Ali was shocked, there was no question about it, he knew everything about her. Sherlock was waiting for her reaction,watching her intently.

Ali laughed nervously "I guess you pulled me out of the closet !"she said.

Her sister stared at Ali and then Sherlock trying to digest all this information.

"I guess I did."Sherlock smirked. Still watching her.

"Well you missed the most important bits!" Ali teased

Sherlock narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"What did I miss? " Sherlock asked quickly, thinking over his deduction. He never missed anything.

"My favourite colour, what age I am, my favourite food..." Ali said simply.

"Insignificant " said Sherlock to stop her naming more useless facts. Her favourite colour was even more useless than the solar system.

"But can you figure them out like you figured out the rest of me? " Ali questioned smugly.

"Yes" replied Sherlock.

"Go on then"Ali teased.

"Why?" Sherlock asked,wondering what Ali would gain,from him listing useless information about her.

"Humour me"Ali retorted.

"Better yet deduce me" she smiled a little seductively,very unlike her normal self.

Sherlock noticed her smile, he quickly continued to deduce her, at her request. Sherlock was a little suprised, normally people would ask him not to deduce them or grow angry at his deductions, but this girl, laughed at him and encouraged him to continue.

Sherlock couldn't help but be intrigued by her. A smile danced across his lips involuntary.

"Your favourite colour is blue, you're twenty-two years old ." he said simply.

"My favourite food? " she asked.

"I don't know, however I do know you're a vegetarian" Sherlock said.

"Yes" Ali said nodding her head, in confirmation, knowing he didn't need it.

Ali cursed herself internally, her analysis had been so wrong! A Lawyer! She scoffed at herself. Sherlock eyed her curiously. She smiled sheepishly.

"You're a detective or something right? " she questioned him.

Molly, who had been a silent bystander during the deduction, decide to rejoin the conversation.

"Sherlock is the world's only Consulting Detective. "

Sherlock looked irritated that she had spoken for him.

"You guys made that up!" Ali accused.

"No, I made it up" Sherlock  said, emphasizing the I.

"I created the job" he explained.

Ali gave him a puzzled look.

"I solve cases, when the police are out of their depth, which is always " He grinned, looking like a small boy.

Ali inhale sharply, he was beautiful when he grinned, more so than normal. She had to focus, he was speaking again.

Ali's stomach rumbled loudly and Sherlock stopped speaking mid sentence to listen to it.  Ali turn a bright pink.

"I'm sorry, I'm just hungry " Ali apologized quickly.

Sherlock cocked his head to the side and looked at her.

"Lunch then" said Molly.

"We could have lunch at my flat" Sherlock said, mostly speaking to Ali.

It was Molly who replied to him. "Okay" Molly beamed at Sherlock.

"I get to see John" she gushed. Sherlock began walking, taking long strides, with his long legs. Expecting them to follow.

Ali stood frozen staring after him, Molly linked arms with her sister and pulled her along.

"He's.... " Ali started.

"I know "Molly replied as they followed Sherlock Holmes.